ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle play after start - Not the usual play

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi everyone,
Yesterday strated my car at night and then the Idling stucked at about 2000 rpm. Switched off the car and then started again - the idling started to play between 1500 rpm to 1000 rpm without any reason. I checked my mats to be sure nothing touch the pedal. I switched the car off agian and then started once again. Now the idling was stable.:eek: I lost my mind about what the hell happened ???
After few hours I drove home from work without any problem with idling.
now about 8 hours after I started the car again and the idling is playing gently between 1500 to 1000 rpm (it is just go up and down). Need to mention that after the car warmed up and I started to drive, I didn't see any idling play.
I know that at cold may be some idling play but this isn't the case. The revs just go up to 1500 rpm and then down to 1000 rpm and again up.
No any warning light came up.
the car is 172 k registry CB1N 736.
What can I check ?

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Can you tell how you figured out this ?
Did you connected yours to CLIP ?
Can I fixed the throttle body pontiometer myself somehow ?
How much it costed to you ?
Buy one at Ebay is a good idea ?

Thank you
Lior

BMW M135i
Can you tell how you figured out this ?
By replacement in the end.

Did you connected yours to CLIP ?
Didn't find any fault codes.

Can I fixed the throttle body pontiometer myself somehow ?
Nope, sealed unit.
How much it costed to you ?
Got one second hand for £35, renault are £300+ :eek:
Buy one at Ebay is a good idea ?
Should be fine.

Thank you
Lior

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Thank you mate.
Few hours ago I started the car again and there wasn't any idling play so the problem occurs randomly.
I found at dialogys pdf number: 3726A that helps to solve problems with sirius34 injection computer.
Can it be something else besides the throttle body itself ?

* does CB1N 736 has a SIRIUS34 injection computer ?

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Update:
Already 2 days without any play for now.
Does U380 scanner can read any trouble codes if there any stored or certain codes ? does it display codes exactly the same as wrote in dialogys manuals ?

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi
So it came back. Drove to work and stopped on red light. After few seconds the rpm went up to 3000 and stayed there. Switched ignition off and then started to drive (just not to stuck on my way to work). stopped on parking at work and waited a little bit. After few seconds it started to play at about 2000 rpm. I switched off and came back to car a hour later after I spoke with friend about the problem. Fired the car up and then waited. after few seconds it started to raise the rpm. I touched a little bit the throttle wiring that clipped to the clutch pedal and then it stopped to raise and came back to normal 850 rpm. My opinion is that it loose contact at the connector on the clutch pedal. Why ? because these french guys made it too close to the pedal itself so by accident you can touch the wiring if you move your foot a little bit up. French morons:mad: . the same thing with the brake pedal switch that is too close to the foot.
For now, started the car 3 times and tried to play with wiring. The rpm stayed as it should be.
May be it has some connection to dialogys pdf - 4320A ?

What do you think ?
Lior

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Update:
Sorry for late update but the problem in my case was the wiring to the accelerator sensor. the wiring go through the clutch and clip that hold it clips into the clutch pedal leg. Few days I touched by mistake the wires at this point and the RPM started to play up and down. Give it a good tightening and it stopped. So if you have this problem, first check the wires.:)