ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had £150 for a detailing set what would you buy (including clay) ?

A slow one
hello i am relatively new to the detailing scene but been reading a few reviews and other bits and bats and was just wondered what you're opinions on the best products are about for the right price. Is machine polishing is it really necessary ?

cheers Keith

Golf GT & A4 Avant
To start out you will want:

A pre wash like carplan rapid dirt shifter.
Small detailing brush for wheels. Clean with normal shampoo or pre wash.
a PH neutral non gloss enhancing shampoo. Dodo juice born to be mild
2 buckets or bucket with grit guard.
Lambswool wash mitt.
Plush drying towel, Asda orange towels are good and cheap.
A tar remover like Tardis or oblitarate.
Iron remover, IronX.
Clay, bilt hamber with strong dilution of shampoo as lube.
A pre wax cleanser or all in one filler / glaze like dodo juice lime prime or autofinesse tripple.
A wax or sealant to protect your hard work, GTechniq C2v3 spray sealant of bouncers 22 wax.
A nice quick detailing spray for using after general washes. Zaino Z6.
A selection of applicators and microfibre towels

A slow one
currently using some autoglym stuff at the minuet its not to bad but nothing amazing. i've got most of the tools e.g aload of cloths (B&Q cheapest i've found) buckets, brush. cheers for your help dude shall be purchases the above on the recommendations, and will post how i get one

thanks Keith

M2 Comp
Go with what Yellow Dave has suggested and you can't go wrong.

The only thing I'd add if you haven't got one already is a pressure washer (might take you over budget though...). I have a Nillfisk C110, which I paid £49.99 for. It's cheap and cheerful, but more than good enough for use on cars.

A slow one
i got one already, just need to get a snow foam lance/bottle and looking around there like £40 anyway. what are your thoughts on machine polishers?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Trying to do it on a budget, maybe leave the snow foam lance for now. Rinse, spray on a good pre wash then pressure rinse is almost if not as good as foaming.

Getting into polishers is a slippery slope, a DA is best for beginners. See how you get on with filler heavy products first to see if you're happy with the finish