ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm feeling frivolous, help me decide on a pressure washer...

Not a 320d
I have decided its time to buy a new pressure washer as I have occasional access to a driveway in Essex and will probably be moving into a house soon so will need one eventually anyway. I am sick of using Morrison's pressure wash and haven't washed the car since Easter. Consequently it looks like absolute s**t, I have no doubt the bugs will have eaten through the paint and into the metal, and the usual wash with a hose or ONR is out the question and I want get it done proper this weekend.

Over the years I have seen Nilfisk being recommended. I cant justify a diesel powered heated pressure washer so that's out the question and ideally the less I spend the better. Ive seen Nilfisk C130 1-6 X-Tra on Amazon. Is that OK?

Id say £150 max, but 120bar costing £70 would be much better so would appreciate suggestions or experience with others.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've had my Nilfisk a couple years now and it's still going strong.
Not sure which mine is, was about £70.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
The 110 is fine as a budget PW. I had one and it served me fine for 3 years. Step up to something more powerful and you'll soon reliase where im coming from

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I got the Nilfisk C110 years ago when it was on offer and for the price I paid, it's absolutely spot on. Yeh, I'm sure there are better PW's out there but as with everything it'll come with a bigger price tag.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed :)

Clio 182
There was a guy on eBay selling refurbished nilfisk washers.
I got one for like £40 and it was new and so were the attachments.
I remember him having quite a lot.
It was about 4 months ago now.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I picked up a Karcher K2 for £60 out of Tesco, if that helps at all.

Does the job

Do the Karchers have plastic pumps? Think Nilfisks use a metal one to give them a longer lifespan. Not sure 100% as it's been about 3-4 years since I looked into them.

Listerine & Poledo
Not any more, I believe.
They certainly did though, so you didn't want to leave your pressure washer outside in the snow........errrr

Not a 320d
Not a huge fan of foam if I am honest. Has its uses but then so does G101 with hot water in a sprayer :)

Its arrived already so ill see how this goes. Hopefully as people say does the job.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When I had my valeting business I had a £2000 190 bar 90 degree hot wash.

I now clean cars on my driveway for the same customers using a £25 halfords pressure washer.

Nobody can tell the difference.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
When I had my valeting business I had a £2000 190 bar 90 degree hot wash.

I now clean cars on my driveway for the same customers using a £25 halfords pressure washer.

Nobody can tell the difference.

I really want a new pressure washer but I have had a £30 Halfords one for the last 10 years and it has been absolutely faultless. It has never let me down, broken or failed to please despite being thrown around a lot. It works a treat and is probably the best thing I have ever bought.

A van
Not a huge fan of foam if I am honest. Has its uses but then so does G101 with hot water in a sprayer :smile:

Its arrived already so ill see how this goes. Hopefully as people say does the job.

G101 certainly does have its uses, Stripping coatings, staining plastics, Killing sprayers and wrecking your hands, Savage stuff!

PH2 172
pressure washer.jpg
I really want a new pressure washer but I have had a £30 Halfords one for the last 10 years and it has been absolutely faultless. It has never let me down, broken or failed to please despite being thrown around a lot. It works a treat and is probably the best thing I have ever bought.

This one looks the biz!

Not a 320d
G101 with hot water?

Yeah Autosmart G101. Mix with hot water and youve got yourself a mega degreaser, dilutes down very very well. Can run it through the foam lance too.

Pressure washer was fine although it sounds like s**t.

Also Turbo Detailer is easier to apply than BSD, but still not perfect - you still need two cloths to buff down after application. I haven't had a chance to look at the beading or the durability yet.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
The gun on my Nilfisk E1*0 (G4 gun, I think) has just failed - water just shoots out from the trigger. Not used all that much in the last few years so I'm quite disappointed.

Anyone else experienced similar? Is the solution new o-rings or just buy a new gun for £30?