ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm thinking of having a Clio clearout

200,182 Trophy, Cup
As some of you will know I have 3 really nice examples but apart from a couple of trips out I've used none of them this year....or last year.....or the year before to any degree. I also have my Elise which I last used in March along with some other 2 wheeled stuff which similarly hasn't been beyond the garage door !
I'm fancying something a bit more modern, coupe style like a BMW M2 or an M235/240 or a Golf Clubsport, that sort of thing. I'm just a bit torn knowing that the 3 clios I have dont need anything doing and I've spent a few bob getting them to the standard they are at. I know it's perhaps a bit daft but I enjoy improving and detailing the Clios probably more than actually driving them and I've reached the point with all of them where there's nothing left to do on them. Do I just stick them all up for sale, RS200, Cup and Trophy or keep one just to say I still have one, if I keep one which one do I keep. All 3 are good cars and I doubt I would ever easily find better examples if I were to look again but guessing from an exclusivity perspective the Trophy may come out top.
Another factor is that a friend stores 2 of them for me and I'm always conscious that his generosity may not always extend to me occupying the space I do.
Anyway those are my thoughts for tonight.

M2 Competition
The cars you've listed won't need anything doing either, they're new.

I'd definitely swap 3 very similar cars for one nicer one. Got to ask yourself, Will you actually drive them though, or is it just something nice to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'd sell everything bar the trophy, Elise included and buy something newer you can use daily but is fun

F-Type R did someone say?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If it's just those 3 cars then flog the 200 and the cup and keep the Trophy.

but there's been Trophy's for sale this summer close to £20K, so if someone is willing to give that for one you should snap their arm off.
Currently there's 2 on eBay, one at £7k and one at £5k.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Thanks folks. I wouldn’t sell the Elise I’ve owned it since new and although I only use it for a couple of trips a year it’s always great to get out in it with the roof off. I’m going to have a drive in a couple of the cars I’m interested in and take it from there

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks folks. I wouldn’t sell the Elise I’ve owned it since new and although I only use it for a couple of trips a year it’s always great to get out in it with the roof off. I’m going to have a drive in a couple of the cars I’m interested in and take it from there

I loved taking mine out. Really was such an awesome drive every single time.

God I need another.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Take your pick
d1dacc6844f48773620ba784a030ac4a.jpg

Clio RS 220
Keep the trophy as it will only appreciate and sell everything else inc the bikes and get something really tasty you can use daily.
How about the new 220 trophy? Will it become a collector's classic car in future since they're so rare. People hating flappy pedals lol.

Sent from Tapatalk

clio rs 200
As some of you will know I have 3 really nice examples but apart from a couple of trips out I've used none of them this year....or last year.....or the year before to any degree. I also have my Elise which I last used in March along with some other 2 wheeled stuff which similarly hasn't been beyond the garage door !
I'm fancying something a bit more modern, coupe style like a BMW M2 or an M235/240 or a Golf Clubsport, that sort of thing. I'm just a bit torn knowing that the 3 clios I have dont need anything doing and I've spent a few bob getting them to the standard they are at. I know it's perhaps a bit daft but I enjoy improving and detailing the Clios probably more than actually driving them and I've reached the point with all of them where there's nothing left to do on them. Do I just stick them all up for sale, RS200, Cup and Trophy or keep one just to say I still have one, if I keep one which one do I keep. All 3 are good cars and I doubt I would ever easily find better examples if I were to look again but guessing from an exclusivity perspective the Trophy may come out top.
Another factor is that a friend stores 2 of them for me and I'm always conscious that his generosity may not always extend to me occupying the space I do.
Anyway those are my thoughts for tonight.

Is this Tony? If so you may remember me from Area 12 That green Clio has my name all over it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clio rs 200

Yes looks like you have quite the collection I am running an RS Megan with quite a few engine changes that runs 306bhp. I’m selling this weekend so always on the look out. If these are yours they will be immaculate, very nice collection. Hope all ok might bump into you soon you never know. I will know by the end of next week if I am in the market. If you are serious I might be tempted to steel the green one! It’s looks bueautiful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk