ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobaliser Won't Disarm

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey CS'ers.

I put my car through it's MOT 6 weeks ago and the car was all fine.

It's off the road but I start it every week just to keep it running fine.

I went to start it this week and the battery had died. So I got the jump leads out and charged it off my mini and then went to start it.

Nothing happened when I turned the key.

The immobaliser light didn't turn off.

This is the lights on the dashboard.

6y8e8u2y.jpg

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks, Sam.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Get a charger on the battery mate and give it an overnight charge. Don't think 1*2s like a jump start

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Was speaking to Owen and he mentioned about trying to reset the immobiliser.

So I connected the car via jump leads to the Clio and left the key in the ignition for 15 minutes. Unfortunately it didn't work and the immobiliser still won't disarm.

Owen mentioned looking at the earths.

I've checked the toe behind the passenger headlight just by glancing at them. I'm going to try and undo them and give them a clean tomorrow.

Can anyone point out where the 2 gearbox ones are and if possible anyone got a picture.

Thanks, Sam.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is the gearbox one. If you turn the car on a try and start it immediately before all the lights start to go out you should get a couple of seconds of turn over before the immob stops the starter.

this is the gearbox mount

0B81B44F-96A4-473C-8B2B-452BA8751051_zpsbowur8iv.jpg

check the earth next to the top mount and then the 2 in front of the battery.

Swap around the little relays in the fuse box as they often corrode and fail. They are the same so just swap one for another. Those little pink ones in the bottom right, one closest to the top mount is the ecu one so just swap that with one of the others and give it ago.

B3113A11-5FA7-4A48-AFDA-000C1DEE4D70-1523-000000AC351E91FA.jpg

Think the comments about jump starting are unfounded if it's done correctly.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
For anyone who finds this who may be having the same issues, the 5 Amp fuse in the picture above had blew and was causing all the problems.

Swapped it for a new one and is all like new. :D