ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser problem

Arctic 182
Apologies for another immobiliser problem guys. I've been searching for the last hour. I'm Having an issue with my 172 cup today. The light is flashing & I can't start the car.
I took a few fuses & relays out under the bonnet, cleaned them, put the back & it started fine. Unplugged a few other things, put them back & it started fine. Since doing that it's gone wrong!

y8ete6yd.jpg

It's the light above the handbrake light not the word stop. Flashing quite fast.
It seems like my immobiliser has locked me out. The engine turns but won't start. I've tested the battery & it's fine, looked at the fuses again, no probs. Cant get it to a garage & no one with CLIP round here, supposed to be working tomorrow! Any ideas before I try the AA route?!
Cheers.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Flashing is saying the key is not recognised/authorised to start the vehicle. Do you have a spare key (I'm guessing not otherwise you'd most likely have tried it already)?

It could be a Key fault, UCH fault or a wiring issue (In cost order)

Mick

Arctic 182
Flashing is saying the key is not recognised/authorised to start the vehicle. Do you have a spare key (I'm guessing not otherwise you'd most likely have tried it already)?

It could be a Key fault, UCH fault or a wiring issue (In cost order)

Mick

Thanks for the speed reply Mick.
No I didn't get a spare which is a pain in the arse. I've tried everything I've read, disconnecting the battery, holding down the plip button when turning, I've taken the key apart, I've removed relays & fuses again. Still nothing. It's so frustrating.
What do you think my options are?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Personally I think it's going to be a keyfob that's at fault but I offer no assurance on that. Ideally it needs CLIP to carry out a network infrastructure test then go from there.

Mick

Arctic 182
Personally I think it's going to be a keyfob that's at fault but I offer no assurance on that. Ideally it needs CLIP to carry out a network infrastructure test then go from there.

Mick

Thanks mate, appreciate the info. I'll have to speak to a garage on Monday now.

Arctic 182

Mick

Mick, got the AA man out & the 5amp engine management fuse has blown twice. Any ideas what this means or why?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Means you have a short to positive mate and you need to fault find that line to see where it is shorting.

Arctic 182
Means you have a short to positive mate and you need to fault find that line to see where it is shorting.

Thanks again mate, appreciate the info. Hope it's not going to be a ball ache to sort. I found out the alarm isn't factory so might be better to just take it out in case it happens again.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I don't have access to RNA today so can't look up the diagram to see what that fuse powers (Which would help in narrowing down where to look). I don't think that's alarm related though as I seem to remember the 5A being the LV memory feed for the ECU. In that case i'd be looking in the engine bay for shorts/broken wires/signs of damage.

Mick

Arctic 182
I don't have access to RNA today so can't look up the diagram to see what that fuse powers (Which would help in narrowing down where to look). I don't think that's alarm related though as I seem to remember the 5A being the LV memory feed for the ECU. In that case i'd be looking in the engine bay for shorts/broken wires/signs of damage.

Mick

Thanks once again mate, it might have even been a wire or something I've pulled out when I've taken the relays out. The base did move a bit so if I've knocked something or dislodged it the car might have thought I was breaking in & put it on lockdown. Hoping it's not massively expensive tbh. Cheers.