ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Imperial Review

Hi

This is my Review of the new improved imperial wheel cleaner.

Opened the box to be greeted by a lovely smell of bubblgum thought to myself i could just drink that, then realised it was the air freshener in the bottom of the box. thanks Auto Finesse.

So was given a bottle of the newly improved Imperial the instructions stated you can dilute with water to suit. As the wheels was fairly riffy after a month of not being cleaned, thought i would knock up imo a fairly mildish mix.

When imperial was poured into the spray bottle it was pretty thick and had a weird smell that i can't put my finger on.

DSCF2581_zpsf1920651.gif

This is how much neat product i put in, just under the label on an old CP bottle.

DSCF2582_zpsfd86f674.gif

Diluted it down to near on 500ml

*+-/+-
DSCF2583_zps960fb02b.gif

Filth i was up against

DSCF2584_zpsf763bb8c.jpg

Jet washed loose dirt.

DSCF2585_zps3eb39df5.jpg

gave a decent spray of imperial all over the wheel and left to soak for a minute

DSCF2586_zpsc1b19b49.jpg

Agitated with a stiff brush which helped froff up the solution

DSCF2590_zps004f80a1.jpg

Went over with a smaller brush to get in the nooks and crannies

DSCF2588_zps5c6fb9a6.jpg

Left it to dwell

DSCF2589_zps97d5cfd6.jpg

After 5 mins of sitting Imperial held its own and stayed pretty froffy and clingy (well impressed)

DSCF2592_zpsf27e1939.jpg

Rinsed it all off and gave a shampoo and another rinse, there was no dirt left to shampoo of tbh.

DSCF2587_zps35746ca5.jpg

DSCF2591_zpsd9c6b5bd.jpg

Quick 3 pictures here all done within a couple of minutes.

Dry dirt

DSCF2593_zpsa2c46559.jpg

Spray imperial and agitate

DSCF2594_zpsfe419986.jpg

Rinse and 1 months worth of brake dust and dirt gone

DSCF2595_zpsecd730d9.jpg

Onto the Tyres which i have had a nightmare with this brown edge of dirt and dust that won't shift.

DSCF2596_zpsad3bc9ab.jpg

Again sprayed and agitated imperial and left to soak for a couple of minutes

DSCF2598_zps75bafe5a.jpg

DSCF2597_zps2ce48256.jpg

Rinsed off and the brown mark round the tyre wall has gone.

DSCF2599_zps37f5494b.jpg

Quick wipe over to remove excess water and they have come up like new :D

DSCF2600_zpse7c1ec24.jpg

Applied a thin coat of megs tyre gel then wiped away any overspill. to then be left with very fresh looking tyres and wheels.

Few finished shots(excuse the discs lol) also still wearing the coat of illusion from the previous test.

DSCF2601_zpse0a2cb17.jpg

DSCF2603_zps3a3fbe84.jpg

DSCF2605_zpsce057af3.jpg

DSCF2604_zpsa5687784.jpg

All in all im over the moon with how imperial works really really impressed, i even reckon i could use a weaker solution and would still do a great job.

This is something i shall be getting in the near future to have in my collection and can see a bottle lasting a very long time, One thing i would like to know is it sealant safe? as i plan on tough coating my wheels at some point.

Thanks again to Auto Finesse

Looks great fella!

Agree on the sealant safe question - I would presume so, as it would go hand in hand with Mint Rims. But Auto Finesse will confirm.

One thing on the tyres - looks like you're using a wheel woolie - try a slightly stiffer brush. It'll help remove grime, leading to better tyre shine performance.

Nice Review Martin, thanks for taking the time to put this together.

In answer to your question, the new Imperial formula is wax and sealant when diluited down, however at a strong ratio such as 1:1 to 1:3 it has the potential to strip wax and sealants.

Joe

Thanks Joe.

Good to know that about sealants and waxes. But tbf one good deep clean with a strong ratio mix and then get the wheels sealed a weak ratio will do fine for the weekly clean.

Thats the idea Martin.

Its like detailing the rest of your vehicle. Two to Three times a year its worth doing a deep heavy clean and adding protection and after that you can simply maintain that look.

Joe