ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In car computer resetting itself when its cold outside?

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Little electrical issue here,

The old girl runs fine, but whenever its cold outside, the cars on board computer resets the MPG etc. Which is quite annoying.

Anyone on here having the same or similar issue? I cant figure this one out!!

Cheers chaps

Adam :dapprove:

Titanium 182
aye the cold kills batteries, as you start it its drawing so much power there isn't enough left to give juice to the trip so it looses all its saved data.

Clio MK 4
Do you by any chance have the fog light on your dashboard appear faintly when you break?

had this same problem the other week. Changed my battery and it didn't fix the problem!!

had it in the garage and they noticed the dim light and it was linked to my rear lights where the conections were knackered and so they rewired it all and the dim light has gone and my trip computer no longer resets.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Havent noticed it to be honest, although im generally looking at how fast the car in front is approaching when im anchorin hard!

Ill look when im driving next but cant recall any other lights bein on mate, literally just comp resetting itself.

172 ph-quick
gotta admit actually mine did this the other night but only noticed it today. had me confused for a while, but gonna keep an eye on the battery. starts and runs ok (for a clio), as long as it lasts till friday i dont mind as all my money is being spunked on a remap and matched inlets at JMS :D

DMS

A thirsty 172
Definitely the battery. Even though the car appears to start fine and runs fine, the battery is on its way out.
I replaced mine last winter and it sorted the problem. It was the original battery, so it had been in there for a good 5 years.