ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Incartec adaptor problem

Hi Guys,

Just installed my Alpine HU and im having problems with the stalk adaptor, the word "ALPINE" apears on the dash and VOL UP VOL DOWN ect when i press the buttons on the stalk but the volume does not adjust accordinly on the head unit, is there anything i have missed?

is there a setting in the alpine HU i have to change to accept remote control inputs?

Yeah its all plugged in correctly, the display works just got no stalk controls, i have sent incartec an email, will see if they get back to me, is it common for the adaptors to be faulty? i have heard of a few others having promlems...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Did you buy the adapter new?

I've just noticed on a 2nd hand one we have bought that there is a wire with a label on it that says if you are using a poioneer/sony you need to cut it. Might be this has been cut previously as it's not supposed to be for an Alpine? Or it could be the cheaper bit you buy that's alpine specific that's buggered.

Its a new unit, the lable saying to cut that wire for a Sony ect HU is still there. My guess is its that cheaper cable too, im going to have to have a play around with it tonight to further trouble shoot the issue

Had another go tonight, with everything plugged in except for the alpine adaptor the display works and shows "Vol Up" and Vol Down" but wil show "SONY" on the display.

When i plug the alpine jack into the HU and adaptor it shows "ALPINE" on the display which tells me the adaptor must be ok as it is detecting the alpine jack has been plugged in but i still get no volume control.

Or is it the other way around in that the adaptor is broken as when i plug the jack in it shows alpine so the jack must be ok and the adaptor is broken?

bit of confusion lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a spare Alpine bit (the bit that's 4.99 from CAD) that's going up for sale soon, could try that maybe :)