ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Info on 182 manifold, silenced decat and exhaust...

Discounted 1*2 parts
Want to get the above setup for my 172 ph1.

Want a 182 manifold with the KTEC silenced decat and ultra performance 2.5 cat back?

Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks Tom

Discounted 1*2 parts
why is it pointless, i thought the 182 manifold and cat were supposed to free up a few ponies on the 172's?

Lionel Richie
^that difference was measured on 2 cammed cars, one did 193 the other 187 (the lower powered of the 2 didn't have matched inlets)

Discounted 1*2 parts
what sort of gains am i looking at with a standard decated 172 exhaust, matched inlets and a remap?

I'll also be stripping the car quite heavily so should notice a fair difference

Tom

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Why would you say its not worth it Fred? Surely £ for BHP that's gotta be one of the cheapest mods going???

Whats a 182 mani and a new zorst going to cost second hand? A few hundred quid?

Lionel Richie
the effort involved, plus the manifold and decat pipe vs sod all peak gain and maybe a wee splash of torque = no thanks

oh and my car car doing 190bhp@fly (160@wheels) with a 172 manifold and a phs1 cat ;)

RS200 Cup
Bit of a hijack (saves starting a thread), but I was thinking about a similar setup to this:

182 Manifold
Sport/high flow cat
S/S cat back (can't decide on custom or y0z)

I thought the 182 manifold gave good torque gains and smoothed the whole torque curve, would I be better off (for the money) with just the sport cat and S/S system?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
the effort involved, plus the manifold and decat pipe vs sod all peak gain and maybe a wee splash of torque = no thanks

oh and my car car doing 190bhp@fly (160@wheels) with a 172 manifold and a phs1 cat ;)

You have a cat? WTF? I thought you'd be a straight through, noisy as feck kinda guy, a bit disappointed tbh :(

RS200 Cup
phs1 cat and a catback, save your money

What's the phs1 cat?

As per my avatar, I have a ph1, it's got a double barrel cat on it. The pipes look a bit narrow for 170~ hp IMO, is that the right one?

PS.
I keep meaning to book my car in with you, Fred. I'll PM in a sec once I've thought up what I need doing. :rasp:

Lionel Richie
that's the good cat to have!! keep it!

Robbos its 100db WITH cat!! that's louder than a yozza race system WITH decat!

RS200 Cup
that's the good cat to have!! keep it!

Robbos its 100db WITH cat!! that's louder than a yozza race system WITH decat!

Haha brilliant. I was kind of preparing to fork out a shed load of cash on exhaust. Yoz it is then...

Now where am I going to spend all my money, matched inlets? :rasp: