ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector help please

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Hopefully someone can help as I'm not very mechanically minded and I'm running out of ideas at moment.

Driving car the other day and engine light started flashing and car was very jerky on power, running on 3 cylinders.

So got it to my friends house, we checked leads, coilpack and spark plugs and they were all fine.

So we moved to injectors, 1 and 4 were ruined and barely spraying. So i got some spares off a friend, he gave me 5 as he had them a while and wasn't sure which would work. We swapped 1 and 4 out for 2 spares and 4 started working again.

Injector 1 still wasn't working so we tried all the other spare injectors i was given and they still wouldn't work. So we swapped injectors 1 and 3 around because we knew 3 was a perfectly working one. So after swapping them round 3 still worked even with the 2nd hand injector in and 1 was still barely spraying even though two minutes ago it was working in number 3.

My friend is coming round tomorrow to try his full fuel rail on mine too see if that makes any difference. Not even sure if it will?

Hopefully someone else can help.

If you need any more info I'll try give as much as possible.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
I saw injector cleaners in halfords, maybe you could try those, add to the fuel tank and go for a run.

I used wynn's clean burn to get the car through the MOT and even then it just scraped through.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If the same injector is reacting differently in two different positions then injector cleaner isnt going to help him.

Sounds to me like a wiring fault TBH if when you put injector clip 1 on it that it responds different to if you put clip 3 on it.
Or of course the injector driving in the ECU itself.

Dont drive it, you dont want to be lean on one cylinder.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If the same injector is reacting differently in two different positions then injector cleaner isnt going to help him.

Sounds to me like a wiring fault TBH if when you put injector clip 1 on it that it responds different to if you put clip 3 on it.
Or of course the injector driving in the ECU itself.

Dont drive it, you dont want to be lean on one cylinder.

Yeah its been off the road soon as it started running like that.

I gave fred a ring for some advice and he has told me to get a multimeter on the pins and check the readings then go from there.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
All injectors read around 12.5volts.

Going to try a friends fuel rail off his car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The fuel rail is just a big hollow tube with huge holes in it, it wont be that.

Just cause the injectors are seeing 12.5v doesnt mean they are earthing properly when pulsed.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The fuel rail is just a big hollow tube with huge holes in it, it wont be that.

Just cause the injectors are seeing 12.5v doesnt mean they are earthing properly when pulsed.

Cheers. We put my mates fuel rail on as didn't want to disturb his injectors swapping them all around etc, car ran fine.

So faffed on with all 9 injectors I had and managed to make 1 working set of 4 for now and car seems to running fine again. Going to send the others off for cleaning though.