ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet Air Temp Sensor Location??

182 Cup
Alright ppl wondering if anyone can help me out here with some details or even a picture on where the Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) is on the engine of a clio 182 if its even got 1. if not then it should be the engine coolant temp sensor. Got a small mod i got from a friend and wanted to try it out and see if the thing works. if i get it fitted and theirs any improvment ill let you know about it. anyway thats all i need to know to get started. :)

Lots of Alfas
Its the grey one on the opposite side to the map sensor. Its on the side of plenum chamber 1.

182 Cup
not a resistor, im an electronics engineer and know whats what when it comes to components. iv had 1 of my mates put one on his focus st3 and its made a decent improvment. if you dont recommend it then ill probs just leave it. no need for the smart comments alex thats what forums are all about :S Cheers for that anyway guys.

182 Cup
its a small surface mount pcb with a small integrated circuit, 2 caps and their is a resistor inline which with the colours red + red + black + red + brown indicates its a 22k. it was potted so when i opened it i could only see the IC. but broke the potting off and it revealed a bit more than expected. ill give it a go and see what happens anyway.

PH1 172 Sport
How does it work then? Is it not just tricking the ECU into thinking that the air inlet temp is colder than it is?

182 Cup
i have no idea to be honest. im having second thought on fitting it incase something does go wrong. you could be right on that though.

A Flamin' Red one
its a small surface mount pcb with a small integrated circuit, 2 caps and their is a resistor inline which with the colours red + red + black + red + brown indicates its a 22k. it was potted so when i opened it i could only see the IC. but broke the potting off and it revealed a bit more than expected. ill give it a go and see what happens anyway.

Totally lost me I'm afraid!