ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet matching

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Does anyone know anywhere in the northwest that does good quality cnc matching?

Stagecoach Ticket
JMS - Uxbridge

BTM - Birmingham

NWP - North West Performance??

Angleworks - No idea where they are

K-Tec Racing - Dorset

The only place that does actual CNC matching that I know of is AngelWorks...everywhere else just does it by hand. Although, none that I can think of are in the NW

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Just checked ktec cnc match them. Has anybody used any of these people? what sort of turn around are you looking at?

Oh cool. Probably do it on an exchange basis so you are not waiting long tbh...id give them a call or PM them on here

clio sport 182
I've got my ff182 booked in with ktec end of oct mate for their stage 2 package which involves inlet matching and a few other bits.... They reckon if I get it there 9am sat morning it'll be done for1pm.

Hope it helps

Stagecoach Ticket
K-Tec is a fairly big workshop so i assume there turnaround is fast or as foxy said exchange

Foxy have alot of the others now not moved onto CNC matching?

Not sure, proper CNC equipment isnt cheap at all, not to mention writing the program for the 1*2 inlets - I remember a post by Ben@AngelWorks that mentioned the cost of his machine and how long it took him to set it up to do the inlets over and over all exactly the same, but cant seem to find it

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I have been looking at there stage 2 for my 172, but just a long way from liverpool. so was thinking of trying to get inlets done then go to rs in leed for remap

Clio 172 phase 2
What is they actualy do when they machine the inlets? im a cnc machinest, im just wondering if i can do it myself. do they simply rework the standard manifold or machine one from a billet?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ben @ Angelworks is doing my inlets for my ph1 172, they are reworked from your standard inlets. Ben has had mine now for over 4 weeks and i hope to getting them back on tues.
Time = money so i guess if there are companys out there doing them cheap then maybe they are not spending much time in "matching" them very well, Ben is not cheap but you get what you pay for tbh.
He is also starting with the RS lower then matching that one as its about 4mm bigger to start with over the standared ph1 lower this will save a bit of time.

http://www.angel-works.co.uk/index.php

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You will have to give Ben a call, i know hes not cheap but i would think his works 2nd to none and he knows his stuff, not only works on Renaults his portfolio is great having done stuff for FIA motorsport and other top end competors.
He will doing my cylinder head over the winter months along with a re map, as i also own my own company i will be doing his Mk1 fiesta XR2 welding work so its a bit of a labour trade off.

My back ground is over 12 years working on Aston Martins so i also know my stuff.