ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner and Outer Wear on Tyre - Cause?

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Just getting my Phase 1 172 back on the road after a few years of standing. The front nearside tyre has excessive wear on the both the outer and inner edge.

Am i right in guessing its probably either play in the ball joint or track rod end?

Just pror to being laid up i did manage to hit a curb fairly hard and had to have the tracking done and eveything seemed spot on again but looking at the tyre something is definately going on still....

Cheers
Gav

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Yeah thats what worries me i may change the wishbone (complete with new ball joints) and change the tack rod end as a matter of precaution as it not mega expensive parts wise and have no probs doing it myself. Then get it tracked up during the mot and hope for the best.

When i did hit the curb it wasn't substantial enough to kill the alloy or tyre, but just felt pretty hard to me as it not something I make a habit of doing! lol

clio 1.5 DCI 80
tire_pressure.jpg

img upload