ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner cv boot

2002 Flame Red 172
After reading every thread I can possibly find on this subject im still really confused. My inner cv boot has split on my ph2 172 (passenger side). I was led to believe that I need to replace the whole driveshaft so I phoned Renault to double check. Guy on the phone says they do a replacement inner cv boot aswell as an outside. I told him what iv read on here and he says he actually did one the other day and it can defo be done. So.... I came back on here and had another look and this is what iv concluded.

Outer cv boot can be replaced passenger n drivers side. Inner cv boot can be replaced on passenger side but not drivers side.

Someone please correct me if im wrong.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Two it seems but they are different (Passenger being the bottom one below) I believe every version of the sport uses a different driveshaft so it makes it tricky, would likely need to stip the shaft down to replace them or get the stretchy style boots but they can rip easy if snagged.

clio2rs_ph1_driveshafts_640px.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup
Drivers side shaft slides straight out so its this side that can be done easily

Passenger side shaft out means draining the gearbox oil and getting messy

PH1 172, E39
The passenger side shaft (in above pic,the one on the bottom), I had to change the inner boot rubber after I noticed that the gearbox oil was leaking out. From what I picked up from Dialogys is that the shafts comes in two diameters, 25.4mm and 28mm. My car has the 25.4mm one.
K-Tec sourced it for me and shipped it within a reasonable time.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Simply put, replacing the shaft is the quick option, replacing the boot is the swear at it for a few hours option ;)

clio sold :(
I have this issue now. Just replaced passenger side Outer boot but my Drivers side Inner boot is also split ive been told its a new driveshaft!? Do the stretch boot kits work out!?

Cup In bits
It's physically possible to replace all the boots or else how we're they built? if you can get a new boot which I don't now if there available then buy it as its definitely possible to change.

clio sold :(
There's a couple on ebay and Amazon listed as stretchy inner cv boot.so I figure it must be possible if they sell the part.

Cup In bits
You can take the boot clips off, slide the joint apart, take off a circlip and remove the three finger yoke, slide off the boot and fit new(if there available) and rebuild. No need for stretchy boots afaic.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cv boots are available from Renault. That's where I got mine from after being told "you need a complete driveshaft mate, they're x amount of £'s". I think my reply of you can f**k right off was possibly not appreciated! Lol

There are 3 different inner boots listed as well FYI, and it comes up with all 3 options even if you give them a reg/chassis number! Vive la france! t***s.