ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner track rod

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Looking at my options for new inner track rods.

RPD have a sale for the genuine item at a tad over £25 each side (plus postage, c.netfree only valid over £60), which I think is a good price & I was happy to go with until I got my usual 60% off voucher at GSF.

Any experience or views on this kit?

https://m.gsfcarparts.com/435re0340

Works out at £11.40 per side after discount :eek:penmouth:!

Thanks .

dan's cast offs.
doesn't spec a make so wouldn't trust it, some cheap ones are awful and sloppy again after a few months.

as long as the renault one still comes with the rack boot than it's a good price on the offer, the renault boots are excellent and worth the extra.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
doesn't spec a make so wouldn't trust it, some cheap ones are awful and sloppy again after a few months.

as long as the renault one still comes with the rack boot than it's a good price on the offer, the renault boots are excellent and worth the extra.

Because the non-discounted price of the GSF part was £28 I was trying to kid myself that it was a decent part. Naive of course, when they’re really only £11 :smile:.

I’ll go RPD, it does come with all bells and whistles :up:

Now can we delete this thread before everyone else buys up the RPD stock please :tongueclosed:.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Clio 182 Trophy
Any way of testing the inner before removing everything? I need to do my outers and don't want to strip everything down to find out I need to do the inners too but also could do without buying them to find out mine are ok

182 FF, 306 Rallye
Ive just bought a pair of Lemforder inners for £40. However they don’t come with new boots. I haven’t changed inners before, are there any issues using the old boots?

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Any way of testing the inner before removing everything? I need to do my outers and don't want to strip everything down to find out I need to do the inners too but also could do without buying them to find out mine are ok
I noticed a wobbling when rocking the wheel @ 3&9 o’clock (nothing vertically), then when I disconnected the track rod end I could feel play when pushing the tie rod in & out. Hope that makes sense!