ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance claim confusion

Lots of Alfas
A while back I accidentally reversed into a colleagues Golf at work. It didnt damage my car at all (just a scratch) but it made a big dent in the other cars rear door. I told my insurance but said I dont wont to claim anything on my part. The golf driver claimed and his insurance are replacing the door skin. I received a letter the other day from Priviledge my insurance company saying that my claim is going through, it then says my arranged excess is £750.

Will I have to pay that excess even though I didnt claim anything for my car?

AK

M240i
Yep.

How much for the repairs? Maybe try and just pay for them yourself if its less than £750

Lots of Alfas
Its too late, theyve already started repairing it (they are sending me letters on its progress). Ive just checked my documents and the excess is that high because privilege charge an extra young persons excess, so its £500 excess plus £250 young persons (under 25). Ive only just missed out by a couple of months (im 24) :mad:.

Would it make any difference now if I did want to claim to get the scratch repaired??!!

AK

M240i
Are your NCB's protected? If not you'll loose them all iirc?

Maybe someone else could confirm tho . . .

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
As per replies, as he is claiming off your company for the repairs you now have a valid claim, regardless of you getting yours fixed or not.

You will have to pay your excess and it wont be recoverable as you have a driver fault accident.

As for NCB, depends what your company does but i think you loose them all as you wont be protected (4yrs+ to be protected).

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
why is your excess so high?

Increasing excess can make premium cheaper initially.

Plus a lot of companies have extra excess for young(er) drivers.

17-20
21-24

are normally classed as young drivers.

as he has already mentioned his standard excess of £500 + young drivers £250

Is a killer if you have to use it and not get it back!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Insurance is such a con tbh, i still am amazed that something we need by law is run by private money making companies that can basically charge as much as they like :(

Lots of Alfas
Car insurance companies suck. When I did the quote it said nothing about extra young driver excesses. I cannot believe im loosing all my NCB's, thats so unfair that I loose them all over 1 tiny little mistake. Im now dreading my renewal quote in July!!