ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance?!? How?

172 Cup
Just had a quote to add my 23yr old brother onto mine, £10 extra a month. Asked about adding the GF on too at the same time, That wouldn't increase it any sir.

It cost me more to go on a dci80 earlier this year!

I'd like to know how they picked £10 out of the air though!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'd like to know how they picked £10 out of the air though!

£120 a year for an additional driver sounds about right at his age on your car tbh.

Lol at Chappers, tell that to the rating tables I have in front of me ;)

clio 182 sport
There is no criteria in insurance, despite what everyone says.

Thats abit of a stupid comment, i work in insurance and there certainly is!! :)

£10 a month is really cheap so i wouldnt ask many questions just make sure you recieve the documents, check them over make sure they have input his info in correctley like DOB ect ...... might be a mistake??

clio 172 cup
insurance is one of lifes mysteries it is as if they pull numbers out the air my previous insurer decided that when i hit my 3 years no claims that my policy should go up £500 on the exact same car then when i got quoted £1100 by adrain flux and i said no thanks go compares cheapest is £700 they seemingly within seconds lowered it to £679! :S im quite sure when you ring up and they put you on hold they just pick a random amount of the top of their head

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
they string you along for however long they want to kill time, then they t**t this

red-button1-300x240.jpg

which generates a random number... then you haggle to get them to press it a couple more times.

clio 172 cup
haha maybe a wheel of fortune style affair and they just give it a spin and see what it lands on

clio 172
my last insurance insured my moddified audi A3 1.8 turbo on a 01 plate with 200+ bhp fully comp and then said they wouldnt insure my clio 172 fully comp without saying about mods pmsl..... im 41 full no claims no claims been driving since i was 18 no points ever takes the piss they even wanted £790 for a scooby with my mrs on it £900 with just me fully comp
no justice if u ask me

clio 172 cup
exactly the company's know they've got you over a barrel so there free to bend you over and have thier way with you you have to have insurance and as such can charge what they damb well feel

I had this argument with HIC, when I changed from my 360bhp LCR - Clio 172. My insurance went up, they said its because more of them get written off, I said that because there is more of them, statistically there would be more written off

Clio 172
Just had my renewal quote that was £100 more than last year. Called Greenlight off here and Neil has halved their quote. Absolute joke.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 23 and my mum wanted to add me onto her policy on the Clio 1.2 16v and they wanted 2k :s