ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance nightmare!

Titanium 182
I know this topic has come up a million and one times but I was due to go see a 182 sat. Just got a quote of £1618 with flexibell
Im 20
3 years ncb
clean licence
the mother as a named driver aswell!
Surely I can get a cheaper quote?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
try Tesco and take your mom off if you can my quote came down by £100 notes after taking my dad off!

I paid £1800
R27
0ncb
21yrs old

thought it was pretty decent price compared to most other which were coming in around £2800

Titanium 182
yeah cheers guys looks like ill just have to stump up the £1600. on the plus side im sure it will be worth it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i paid 1400 when i was 18...not i pay 507£ and thans on the vee! Getting old FTW!

320d
Have a look in the young 1*2 owners thread in the stickies. I'd of expected around £1400 with those details.

Focus ST-2
I'm paying £1600 on a 182, 21, 0ncb, 1 year named driver discount. Plus I'm in a high risk post code!

bmw e92 330d '09
don't touch quinn insurance matey there a bunch of Irish Jippo's! no offence irish ppl! haa! they take ages to pay out and will try and find anything to not pay out at all, they argued with my mate that because one of his tyre pressures was under 32 psi that fell under not maintaing his vehicle!! and his insurance was there-fore null and void!! he was like fuuuuuukkkkkk off, its one fekin tyre!

couldn't believe it!! :eek:

Titanium 182
Im currently with quinn, I have one month left on my policy. so far havnt had any problems. But they only insure upto a group 12 I think for under 23s or something simmilar! a pain in the arse tbh as they always quoted me alot cheaper compared to others!

R27, Deep Black
Dont laugh but im 700 quid with one claim and 2 years no claims under my mothers name in diamond (only people that would insure me with a decent quote when i was 17 for my 1.2 clio campus sport) but now im just away to buy a r27 and im only gonna be 830 quid?

Not too bad i think.

BMW 320ci
I just done a quote for a 182 04 Reg, 19 yrs old 1NCB, mum and dad named drives, comes out at 15k with £1100 as the excess :|.

Even though it only costs £3500 for me to be insured on an R32 03 with £500 excess.

BLACK GOLD 182
them quote sites are crap, i once did one for my fez, said 2k fully comp rang person up they said 2k 3rd party F & T.........fooook dat i said ur having a laugh just got quote from u off ......com they said what is the reference number...told them and they said oh yes its here....2k fully comp. sorry we cant do that due to mods...i said i have declared mods...they said yes thats why we acnt do it....later got put back through to em wekk later they said 1.7k third party F & T....but on the comparion site i was comign in at 2.8k......best thign to do is find a place that is right for you cos people said to me go to ade flux.....they right richardheads them tho....insurance was insane......7k for clio 182......stuff that i can have an evo for that!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I just changed my insurance for my 172 cup £620, 23, 1ncb, 3 year "named driver bonus" low risk area

thought that was reasonable