ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance query

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My wife's insurance is due in the next week. She had a ding last December and no accidents since.

She will probably change insurer tomorrow as she has found it cheaper elsewhere, but she hasn't had 1 full year of no claims yet. She is out of sync for renewal time? Surely this happens all the time, I assume she can only use the 1 yr ncb next year?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My wife's insurance is due in the next week. She had a ding last December and no accidents since.

She will probably change insurer tomorrow as she has found it cheaper elsewhere, but she hasn't had 1 full year of no claims yet. She is out of sync for renewal time? Surely this happens all the time, I assume she can only use the 1 yr ncb next year?

Not until her current insurance are willing to provide written confirmation of the ncb.

Try ringing the insurer, they might be willing to accept the delay as most will be chomping at the bit to take your money.

You might get lucky though as I think most insurance company's give you 14 days to provide all your documentation.

Still doesn't take away the fact it's fraud and in the event of an accident you might find yourself in a tricky situation (insurers will do anything to riggle out of a claim).

Depends if you think it's worth the risk?

If I was you I'd just wait, most quotes are valid for a month anyway.

MR2 Mk1.5
The NCB is only earnt on policy expiry with no (fault) claims recorded. If you think about it logically, a customer could have a claim on the last day of the insurance policy so insurers will not confirm NCB until expiry.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Tel: 01707 642552

skyfbimage_zpsf8bef167.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thanks, I wasn't planning on doing anything dodgy. It's just annoying as its a month away.