ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance thread for young 1*2 owners

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Re: Insurance. Fookers! (young 172/182 owners look in)

I'm in my first year, mine's currently £3000 a year for my 1.2 dynamique, hopefully it'll drop a lot at the end of this year, only a few more months to go :|

Titanium 182

I'm in my first year, mine's currently £3000 a year for my 1.2 dynamique, hopefully it'll drop a lot at the end of this year, only a few more months to go :|

You could have got it cheaper than that, a lot cheaper.
I paid £1400 for my first years insurance!

182 Cup

compare the meerkat! a mean market... simples lol.

my insurance for the 182 was 1600 when i was 20 and now its down to 462 with churchill and im 22 now. sold it now and moving on to something less greedy on fuel. she will be missed badly :(

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

my mate paid £3000 on his mk4 Golf V5 first year insurance. your getting shafted.

Clio Trophy / RB182

I pay £905 on mine...was 20 when i got it insured...cant wait to re-quote now i'm 21 :)

(and i live in the area with the highest insurance brackets)

DB.

BMW 440i

I paid £1200 for a year on my 1.4 206 fully comp including mods back in April 09.

In October 09 i had to give my insurance a further £830 to cover me from October 09 until April 2010 on my FF Racing Blue Clio 182.

I live in an expensive postcode area in Birmingham (Very near city centre) even though it is a nice area! Same as Warren4s Bham home.

Im 19 btw with 2 years NCB as of April 09!

thanks to this thread i might have a chance at getting a 172 :D:D:D
£1589 thats a 20 year old fully comp 2 years ncb in a area similar to bhagdad

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

^ Brent acre are FTW. I am hoping to renew with them in April!

Mk5 golf gti

im a student an ill be spendin my time wen i finish tuning half your cars so cant moan at students :D
direct line is best for me
u get 3 months free insurance
so i pay 600 fully comp an im 22 :D
i also had one at 19 that was 650 tpft

White ds3

i pay 1000 no ncb and iv had a claim against me in my own name

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)

Paying £653.

Admiral
0 ncb
2 years driving
1 crash worth £600
3rd party F+F

I'm halfway through this policy and hopefully getting a DCi 65 in January. Phoned them up and told Vikram this and he told me it would be a further £76 added on to my policy or an extra £10 a month.

I think that's pretty good tbh.

Clio 197

Seeing some of your insurance quotes makes being old... 37, more bareable!

I have just got a quote for an 07 Clio 197, fully comp for £302 through Ensure!

For some reason I am paying more TPFT for an M reg Mitsi Pajero!

Insurance is a con!

R26

go on admiral and add your mum + dad as named drivers. £1300 fully comp with 2 years no claims on a 182. not bad 4 a 19 yr old!

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Well heres my story::approve:

Identical to Lukes tbh. went on go compare and got some quotes for a ph1 172 @ £2500. Went and bought one. Spent the whole of the next day (saturday) ringing round for insurance. Everyone was saying £3000+. Broker king and performance direct who were the cheapest on go compare changed thier mind and said £3500! Was really pissed off, really didnt want to have to sell the car.

After reading this thread i waited till Monday and rang Brentacre at 9am. Giving all details, 1 year ncb 2 years driving, 3 points, mum and dad on policy, 3000 miles a year. She come back with a price of £3000. She said "i think im going to make your day. If you modify the car we can do it for £1880!!!"

Result. Unlimited mods for no extra cost. Only condition is that im not allowed to exceed 180bhp.
:D:D:D

Over the moon!!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Yeh thats what happened to me Alex... Brentacre wanted 5.5k to insure me on my 182... They said I could have unlimited mods like for like and it would cost me 2k LOL! Got it for 1800 through flux though with unltd mods... Glad it worked out for you dude.

+1 for Brentacre

3 years NCB, sp30 on my license, all mods declared, paying 759 for the year. Would have been a damn sight cheaper if it wasn't down to my postcode being in group E.

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Flux told me £2500. I rang round a few more trying to get it cheaper but didnt get any better offers. I rang them back to buy it but they changed thier mind and wanted £3000 like the others.

Some advice id give if your young and looking to insure a sport is to get a definate quote before buying. Try get it in writing. Or modify your car and go with brentacre lol.

Giulietta 940

My insurance has gone up for some reason, from £1.2k to £1.35k... nothing has changed, except I have one more year's NCB :(

My insurance has gone up for some reason, from £1.2k to £1.35k... nothing has changed, except I have one more year's NCB :(

That happened to me as well. Time to change companies for you I think if you haven't already gone with them.

silver clio 182

im 20 past ma test 3 years got 4 years ncb through admirals accelerators and I got quoted £820 fully comp with tesco today £350 cheaper than Bell wanted to renew

Not a 320d

Id have to be a sickhead to pay that amount in insurance. You must have full time jobs or no lives what so ever.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Cliotoby said:
Id have to be a sickhead to pay that amount in insurance. You must have full time jobs or no lives what so ever.
Nope. Student. This thread was to Help people, not for trolls.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

What price was that aimed at?

And i would guess most of us have full time jobs :S

Black 'Cup Packed' 197

This threads been a massive help with all my damned insurance hunting, thanks Boosh! I just thought Id post up my favourite quote so far,

22, 4yrs driving, 2ncb clean licence.
Fully Comp on 197...

£22,518.20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:lolup:

.. think I'll go for it

172 Cup

Im 20. Got 3 years no claims , 3 points for a CU80

Adrian Flux quoted me £950 Fully Comp on my 172 that i have owned for a year. Like for like mods and as many more as i want without extra cost.

Everyone else was quoting well over £1000 for TPTF!!!!

Result me thinks!!

Audi A6

I am 20, wrote of my first car but have 2 years no claims. Managed to get insurance on my 182 through Admiral for £1500. However if i chose to pay monthly it went up to £2200!

Had to raid my savings for that one!

Petrol Blue 182.

20 with 1 years no claims, just been quoted £1400 for a valver with brentacre, which i dont mind paying. better then £3000 some companys were qouting!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van

Well im currently 19 got 4 years no claims dont ask me how!! and im paying 649 full comp with bell now work that 1 out insurance cert will follow on to prove as me mates dont haha
RESULT :approve:

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf

paying £2k for a 1.2 BAD TIMES!

1.4 phase 1

so adrian flux and brentcar are good calls then

PH1 V6

Brentacre gave me a very good quote the other day so unless my renewal quote can beat them then i will be renewing with them.

Whats even more wierd is when the lady on the phone said we can quote ££££ , however if you modify the car then your quote will be like £££ cheaper!!! WTF

Love it though!

Im 20 years old, paying £1200 Fuly comp with flux on a Nissan 350z. :) - thats a good deal.

People are paying £2k a year for a 2L Clio worth £4-8k and mines a 3.5L worth £17k.