ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance

I was wondering for the people who have modified their cars, if they took out insurance on their mods also or just took insurance for the car as standard, then modified it? Iv got a renault clio rt (3dr) and want to puyt on dynamic k2s, magnex BB, sony h/u, cat 1 alarm, I rang adrian flux (who are supposed to be the best) told them about the mods and they said they wouldnt quote me. 1st Quote quotted me £3700 (tooooo much). So what have u guys done insurance wise?

My mates with teco, hes got a 1.8 punot HGT, hes 23, his is 800. Funily enough, him and his mrs are getting a ibiza cupra 1.8 20v turbo, theyve been quoted £600! FUnny isnt it!

Clio 16v, standard (on the outside...:devilish:), 22 years old, 1 years NCB = £700 FC with Halifax.

My advice would be to try and find the newest "big player". It used to be Direct Line, but now its Halifax (who are also Sainsburys and E-sure). The big boys want your premium to invest/lend to personal loan customers and will therefore try to get the biggest slice of the market in the least amount of time. That means low prices. Most internet insurers offer 5-10% off a premium by buying on-line.

I would approach insurers for a quote on a standard car - and then ask if they allow mods. Insurers are often reluctant to take on moded cars as its a hassle to work out premiums, but dont seem to mind taking another £50 here or there if you supposedly do the mods after getting the policy.

I done loads cosmetically to my car - but no engine mods - insurance never changed. My insurance Company dont care about cosmetic - as long as it doesnt make it quicker...

Daz.

DAZ WHO YOU INSURED WITH?

MY INSURANCE STANDARD WAS £1800 TPFT THAT IS

18 3PTS AND A 6 MONTH BAN AND A YEARS NCB

CAT 1 ALARM

NOW I HAVE JUST BEEN QUOTED FOR A 1.8 NOT TOLD ABOUT 2.0 £2800 TPFT FOR

AS ABOVE BUT 19 WITH 2 YEARS NO CLAIMS

CAR IS

RESPRAYED IN SILVER AND BLUE FLIP

FULL BODYKIT

17"S

ALL LOCKS AND HANDLES REMOVED

LOWERED 60MM

£1200 OF ICE

COBRA BUCKET SEATS WITH 4 POINT HARNESSES

PLUS OTHER BITS LIKE TAILGATE SMOOTHED, BUMP STRIPS REMOVED ETC

A RIGHT JOKE TO SAY THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THE ENGINE

I rang 5 different insurance companies getting quotes yesturday (tesco, liverpool victoria, 1st quote, CIS and adrian flux).

Adrian flux wouldn quote me, tesco £2100, CIS £2200, 1st quote £3700, & Liverpool Victoria £1300 with £450 XS! All qoutes had mods of lowering, wheels, ice & sports BB declared.

So much for adrian flux being good for insurance! Liverpool Victoria are the daddies.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, they certainly are

im with them too

Flux are sh*te, completely uninterested when you call, fairly rude sometimes, passed around from dept to dept, also they charge the earth