ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent washer squirts?

BG182FF
My washers ran out of washing fluid a few days ago, previous to this worked fine. Ive filled up the bottle yesterday with the correct dilution, and now the squirt is sort of a very fast intermittent? Like not a strong jet like before but a feeble fast sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh and not much coming out at all.

anyone have any ideas? the back one is fine, just the front playing silly buggers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just a guess . But maybe you had a bit of s**t in the bottom of your washer bottle and with you letting it run out it's dragged the s**t up into the pipes to your washer jets ? Try disconnecting the pipes and operating the washers , see if it squirts ok out of the pipes . If they do your jets are a bit blocked . It's worth a try .

1.5 DCI, MONDEO ST
Mine packed in the same way, spluttery squirts but try washing again immediately and just soapy bubbles trickelling out of nozzles at the front, the rear just gave up totally. I removed tubes from nozzles and used a bike pump to blow through from the washer reservoir end and then reconnected to nozzles to find that air is passing through ok. I then looked at the motor which seems fine and spins freely but the small impeller (I think its called this) seems to have a small piece broken off the end (im assuming that this has supposed to have factory finish on the end of) so.....a replacement pump now purchased off fleabay to be delivered next week......hope it works?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
There is a guide that tells you to open up a part of the pump and cut a tiny bit off an osscillating rubber piston.it's a bit fiddly to do but worked a treat when mine went squirty during a bloody mot!

1.5 DCI, MONDEO ST
I dismantled the pump and noticed the long splined plastic pump insert which kind of sits under a rubber washer with the drive pin passing through the washer. Not sure which part you mean so will have a search.....thanks

1.5 DCI, MONDEO ST
There is a `how to guide on site` just type in windscreen washers and you should find it half way down the page, it has 3 pages to it. I dismantled my pump earlier today which was easy peasy, I found the part that is usually at fault (according to the guide) so will attempt again tomorrow.....now kinda hoping it doesn't cure my problem as I have purchased a replacement one on fleabay.....bah!

1.5 DCI, MONDEO ST
I dismantled the pump and noticed the long splined plastic pump insert which kind of sits under a rubber washer with the drive pin passing through the washer. Not sure which part you mean so will have a search.....thanks
I now know which part - its the small rubber barrel piston that requires some modification - thanks for the tip off.

1.5 DCI, MONDEO ST
OMG, carried out the modification and I am speechless and it only took me 10mins......it really does work:clap: I took some pics of the work carried out if anyone is interested?

1.5 DCI, MONDEO ST
There is a guide that tells you to open up a part of the pump and cut a tiny bit off an osscillating rubber piston.it's a bit fiddly to do but worked a treat when mine went squirty during a bloody mot!
Thanks Bozothenutter for the tip off, it really does work!