ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet Explorer 8 Final Released

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Chrome/Safari 4 are way way way better.

Firefox is still my browser of choice, but its not as fast as GC/Saf.

IE8 = s**t.

lol i work in IT so i've tried most of them. Use firefox myself. Loved chrome but it's missing an ad blocker. Still need to test ie8 though. Be interesting to see what tech they've nicked this time :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
^ I use Chrome and mine blocks pop-ups. Displays a little box in the bottom right corner telling you it has blocked something. Is that what you are on about?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
nah, not the same as an ad blocker. check out abp for firefox...it's an ad in...great prog :)

Bus w**ker
Just installing now, although I'll only ever use it if FF decides it wants to play up. Downloaded in under 20 seconds though...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Unfortunately I will have to test IE8 for deploying purposes.

Personally I have used firefox since day 1 and can't see any reason to change. I will hold back on my opinion on IE8 until I've properly tried it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Woefully s**t.

We had the "Keep ie7" patch deployed at work.
(FF ftw tbh)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Stupidly slow, uses a crazy amount of resources.

New versions should be all about improvements.

Citroen DS3 White
Will give it a go, I like Chrome but the zoom is rubbish and I mostly surf through my telly on the sofa.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
lol.. same here, I'm gonna be test deploying it.. and will keep it on standby but unless I HAVE to deploy it I won't !!

Golf GTD
Chrome whilst it looks good just missing too many features for me at the minute, like middle button scroll and an "open" feature whilst downloading my .nzbs

306 TD Slut
I wish IE would f**k off an die.

MS should stick to doing what they do best.. actually cant think of anything to put here...

Give up trying to release upto date browsers, will never catch up with Safari and Opera in the web standards world.

I am a mac + FF user you may guessed.

Chrome is a f**king machine, all they need to do now is have addons like FF.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
IE8 is very good and still the standard, rolled it out at work and had no issue apart from a few plugins not working next

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
We have problems with IE8 when using web based software.

Doesnt seem to recognise page breaks for printing pages like IE7 does, but it took Chrome 2 weeks to recognise those too.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Chrome whilst it looks good just missing too many features for me at the minute, like middle button scroll

Eh? Works fine for me...

Gave IE8 a try at work today, but damn... so ridiculously slow at opening new tabs still :dapprove: for that reason alone, just can't use it. Chrome FTW.