ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet problems

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
On my laptop, on wifi, the internet constantly connects and disconnects itself. I'd say every 7 - 8 mins or so. It is driving me insane, and I'm trying to get some work done!!!

Please help a techno-r****d :)

350Z
Do you have another device (laptop/ipad etc) that you can test at the time of the laptop disconnecting?

Or have you already ascertained that it's just the laptop on wifi that's doing it?

FF Clio 182
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers ? How far are you sat from the router? Could just be on your wifi range.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It's a work laptop, so I can't install / uninstall stuff sadly. It's not the range, as I'm no more than 10 ft from it. ISP is those cretins at talk talk, and using their shitty standard issue router.

Driving me nuts :( Any help, gratefully received.

350Z
Just the laptop in wifi, as the Xbox runs on line fine at the same time.

Presuming the Xbox is on wireless and not wired..

Try plugging an ethernet cable directly into the laptop - if it doesn't drop out then you can be fairly confident it's either the drivers for the network card or the physical piece itself. Again, this is presuming that other wireless devices aren't dropping out too - if they are then it could be something as simple as the broadcasting channel, but given that you're on talktalk it's most likely their horse sh*te hardware going southern..