ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intresting Engine At Autosport

Turbo Beige
This was on the Proton stand and is used in there new S200 Rally car.

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

The car its from.

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Lionel Richie
proton using renault engines? wtf???

sodemo engine maybe?

i'm trying to figure out the cambelt is that a K4M base?

It's an 1800CC Renault Laguna II spec lump originally (can't remember the engine code) from a Proton Waja running at 2000CC for the S2000 regs.

Has MEM spec forged pistons, MEM spec conrods, MEM spec crank, clever steel flywheel, loads of headwork and a few other bits - makes around 280bhp at just shy of 8000RPM.

Engine control is Gems X25's though :-( Should be on Pectel SQ6 as per MSD's lovely, lovely Opel.

The Proton is built by Mellors Elliot Motorsport BTW and I'm pretty sure Sodemo had a hand in the engine.

Cheers
M

coolant pump is the same as on the diesel F9Q engine and the 197 F4R830 engine , it looks like the F4R830 engine to me , but as icarus says with the different rally spec internals.

Turbo Beige
It was build by Sodemo.

they had a stand in the engineering bit, but had ford engines on it.

It looked F4Rish to me, but i couldn't find an engine code.

M

mini-valver

I WANT that manifold! Long inlet runners too, which is interesting.....

Turbo Beige
The XTrac 4WD boxes for transverse engine installs aren't too bad. Circa 20K - 25K starting point with a rear diff, prop and mechanical gear change actuation.

Cheers
M

Probably around the 12-15k mark for the engine as well!!!

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
The Xtrac transmission package is the FIA approved system for S2000 and includes a rear wheel disconnect as the types of centre diff are very restricted

See my post above, its the old Laguna 1.8 engine.

It's a nice install and obviously the Renault base appeals to me but the MSD Opel S2000 is a true work of art. Get a look at one if you can - its an engineering master piece! Was at MSD a couple of months ago doing some trouble shooting on the electronics package - that'll win more than one rally, lets put it that way!

Cheers
M

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Saw this yoke in action 2day at rally ireland, was realy realy quick, got some good times before an electrical fault ended his day. Will be back tomorow under super rally rules.