ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction to Detailing Day - Number 2.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Years of receiving it mate.

The fact I'm not actually that short just makes it funnier. lol

I'm a GT3RS. You're all MkIV Golfs.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
:dapprove:

So yeah, this detailing day. :eek:

Don't make me force you to read the rules for giggles.

Don't make me force you to read the rules for giggles.

Bit like Yoda, aren't you? Small, but with great power! LOL!

No I joke, it's all meant in good nature :)

I was thinking as well for this open day, we could do a show and shine? It (hopefully) will be decent weather, so we could all get our cars looking epic, the day before. Then at the end of the day, get Phil and Foxx to choose the car with the best all round detail, so not just paint, but everything considered, and possibly have a prize of some sort?!

Peoples thoughts on this?...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bit like Yoda, aren't you? Small, but with great power! LOL!

No I joke, it's all meant in good nature :)

I was thinking as well for this open day, we could do a show and shine? It (hopefully) will be decent weather, so we could all get our cars looking epic, the day before. Then at the end of the day, get Phil and Foxx to choose the car with the best all round detail, so not just paint, but everything considered, and possibly have a prize of some sort?!

Peoples thoughts on this?...

That'd be mint!

I think the age of the car has to be a factor though. Mine is a hell of a lot easier to get right than a ten year-old Cup, for example.

R60 CUP
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah +1
9. Pete.M
10. Rhys (more than likely)
11. Chris
12. Nashy + 1
13. Jon
14. Chappers
15. Boffey
16.Fastharry ( not in the clio, ;) )
17. cliojay

I missed the last one and was gutted but glad i can make this one :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Good stuff!

I don't think I'll volunteer my car for the demo. It'll probably have every product they sell on it already. :eek:

I'll just do each panel in a different wax or sealant and we can all walk around it to compare. lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was going to say yeah, Andy came all the way up from Brizzle in the pissing rain. That's commitment.

172 cup
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah +1
9. Pete.M
10. Rhys (more than likely)
11. Chris
12. Nashy + 1
13. Jon
14. Chappers
15. Boffey
16.Fastharry ( not in the clio, ;) )
17. cliojay
18. ChrisLu

Chappers came up from Bristol, and I think he is coming up again.

Another lad came from Nottingham.

How South-east are you?! ;)

I sure am!

I was going to say yeah, Andy came all the way up from Brizzle in the pissing rain. That's commitment.

:eek:

I have to come up and see yours don't I really, maybe I'll see what the fuss is all about with these '200's'.

Yourself, and your car :)

If you want to buy anything, then may I suggest cash, they offer healthy discounts usually :)

DON'T BRING YOUR CARD.

They don't have prices on their stock, damn good marketing tbh.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
DON'T BRING YOUR CARD.

They don't have prices on their stock, damn good marketing tbh.

May be an idea to look on their website, write a list of products you'd like to get, and then alter it on the day if any of the demos show something you really want.

I know ill be doing that as ill then have an idea of the amount ill spend!

Must admit, I'm really looking forward to the engine bay detailing, it's something I've never been bothered about, yet it looks so good when an engine bay is correctly dressed.

Should be good :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Something has come up now, so i can't make it.... gutted :dapprove:

1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. MatthewR
4. XxHarDinGxX
5. PSJ
6. Townlea
7. Poobah +1
8. Pete.M
9. Rhys (more than likely)
10. Chris
11. Nashy + 1
12. Jon
13. Chappers
14. Boffey
15.Fastharry ( not in the clio, ;) )
16. cliojay
17. ChrisLu

Even though I'm very content with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, I know I'll be tempted by another one if a demo shows something different. :eek:

I'll make sure we spend some time looking at wheel cleaners and brushes then. :)

Any suggestions like that, be sure to let me know people, Phil more than welcomes some ideas, remember he doesn't know us, so we need to help him to help us.