ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction...

Clio 182 (05)

Hi all, just thought Id introduce myself having finally become a full Cliosport member! :D

My names Dan and I hail from the deepest depths of Essex (Maldon to be precise) and hope to be tagging along on upcoming Cliosport events. Im driving a 93 Clio 16v with the leather interior and the evil ABS module that has just recently come back (the whole car, not just the ABS) from those rather clever chaps at Torsion Tuning (oh, and they make bloody marvellous tea as well by the way).

Ive spent recent months having quite a lot of work done under the wee beasties bonnet (courtesy of Torsion Tuning) and am now proudly sporting 2 litres of Clio goodness. While she was there it seemed rude not to have the cams, pulleys, head, flywheel, crank, clutch, outlet manifold and a whole selection of other magic done (i might understand some of it one day), and all without overly stressing out my bank manager. Shes now putting out 170.2 horseys at the flywheel and 195 pounds of torque. :) Ill bung the graph from the rolling road up once I work out how. :confused:

The result back from the chaps at the rolling road was damn good, but more interesting was what they said after the test. Apparently at high revs the injector’s aren’t even opening and closing, merely staying open on a permanent basis! Also, the ECU (being of the standard 1.8 16v variety) really has no idea what the hell is going on, and doesnt really like idling after a good hooning. They suggested that sorting the fuel injection out, an oil breather system and a map would put me up at around 185 gee gees. Again, my commendations go to John and Dave at TT for their work!

My iminent future Clio plans (the next 6 months or so) include getting throttle bodies, the oil breather and a map done as soon as I can rustle up the wonga, and maybe finally getting the damn electric sunroof to work. Of course I am realistic and realise that may involve changing my car! ;)

So in summary, Hi! again, and hopefully Ill bump into some of you soon at Cliosport events (or maybe just arsing around on the A130 :D).
Dan

By any chance has urs got the Red engine bay?

Get most my work done @ TT as well and always see a few black clios down there but never know who they belong to!

Y dont u come to the mini bluewater meet on the 1st?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Sounds sweet, hope I beat you to the throttle bodies! How much did you fork out for the tuning on the 2.0 if you dont mind me asking? Oh and welcome we need more to hold back the 172/Cup masses.:D;)

Clio 182 (05)

She does indeed have enough torque to tug mountains around! Not that Im shamelessly proud or anything! ;) Ill get some pictures up once the weather clears and I can keep the car clean for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Are there details for the Bluewater meet up on the site? Work allowing Ill be along. Would be good to see some some of the other cars I read about on a regular basis!

Mine was the red clio in there, but it wasnt in for all that long. The engine bay is being colour coded and decorated at the moment, but theres still quite a bit of work to do. I swear Im going through a couple of bottles of white spirit every weekend!

Clio 182 (05)

Quote: Originally posted by MartinS on 27 February 2004

...hope I beat you to the throttle bodies! How much did you fork out for the tuning on the 2.0 if you dont mind me asking?
The race is on! Im working 7 days a week to try and finance the next stage of tuning.

Ive spent a bit over £3500 so far I think with the various works, and after driving the car for the first time considered it a proper bargain! I cant belive I nearly purchased a deisel astra instead of my valver :oops:

Yea if u look on the meetings section its in there!

I will probably pop down as i missed the lasted meet as my car was still in the sprayers ;(

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by danb on 27 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by MartinS on 27 February 2004

...hope I beat you to the throttle bodies! How much did you fork out for the tuning on the 2.0 if you dont mind me asking?
The race is on! Im working 7 days a week to try and finance the next stage of tuning.

Ive spent a bit over £3500 so far I think with the various works, and after driving the car for the first time considered it a proper bargain! I cant belive I nearly purchased a deisel astra instead of my valver
I was going to start an ISA with some savings ive got........

MUST RESIST SPENDING MORE ON CAR!

Hi ya Dan. Welcome, you may even get a newbie poke if ya lucky. Now there are 2 of us from Maldon! :D And more to add to the Essex crew.

Clio 182 (05)

I would feel honoured and privaliged to receive such a poke... although Im not really sure why? :confused:

I havent seen you around mate, although thats hardy suprising seeing as I spend such little time at home. Well have to get together for a mini-Maldon meet one night in a non-nova/saxo infested area if we can find one! ;)

Oh you will feel honoured :) A true introduction to the forums.

Nah you probably wont have seen me around Maldon really as my car spends most of the time on my drive, waiting for me to pass my driving test.

Finding a non-nova/saxo area could be a tough task.

Hi fella welcome to the essex crew !!

agree with u in the t at tortion dave makes a killer cup !!!!

so u coming out in chelmsford social meet on the 6th of march u will get a propper idea how mad the essex lot are !!!!

keep an eye out for ya

john,

Clio 182 (05)

I didnt realise there would be so many local Cliosport members in these parts? Cheers for the welcome all, Im going to try and get along to the social meet on the 6th so maybe Ill bump into some of you there.

Dan