ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 12 Pro Problem, Thoughts ??

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So im looking to sell my iPhone 12 Pro 256gb but there is a slight issue with the screen.

The screen has a black dot and it causes a small issue with the brightness is turned down along with the dot always being there and a small line (See images attached)

tempImageQCqW73.png
tempImageA0Rqa6.png
tempImageYCC0rK.png
tempImageojW15M.png
tempImagenCnMiA.png
tempImageti8igS.png

Now I know its the digitiser that has gone and for it to be replaced its £300+ from apple.
The phone itself is spotless with cover on it, Screen protector and also hydrogel film round it.

Am I worth getting this all fixed to sell and try and get top coin for it or just leave it as it is ?
If I was to strip the phone back with all the protection in it (Covers / screen protector) and give it a clean I would say its a 8 out of 10 phone all day long.

Its just the fact to get the screen done correctly from apple its going to be expensive and I have no idea what a iPhone 12 Pro 256gb is worth with all original box, charger & cables (All unused and still boxed)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Official Apple repair at that price for that age a phone is not worth it imo. Have a look around for local phone repairs, your could get it done for around half the Apple price.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Id certainly be noticing that issue in a month's time, after you've taken out nationwide phone insurance

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have phone insurance via my bank with £100 excess so I could claim on that and have the phone replaced as I would make sure it was damaged correctly *Cough Cough*

I would then end up with a decent working iPhone 12 Pro but with only forking out £100.

Then I need to ask myself at what price would I sell it to try and re-coop some of my money back ?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It’s a no brainer. Go down the insurance route.

Here is apples trade in value with screen working correctly.
IMG_2223.png

And without.
IMG_2222.png

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
No looking to trade it in as I have already bought my new phone so looking to get it repaired and private sale.

Looks like it will be an insurance job as I have been paying for it for years so may as well use it