ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5 On/Off button

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's doing my f*cking napper in. I can press it 12 times and it'll do nothing, so I have to physically smash it's little plastic head in to knock my phone off. Other times it'll work fine, so that's great.

Anyway, am I right in thinking I can just take this into an Apple store, explain the problem with a little demo and they'll replace the phone? Or is my mate at work talking out of his arse after claiming he's done the same?

I bought the phone new from Apple, out of interest.

Thank you kindly.

megane 285 sport
i take it your pressing and holding the button in for a few seconds? i have a friend with the same issue, and went with her to get it sorted to the apple shop and they replaced it. there is a menu on the main screen and you can turn it off that way, some sort of floating menu up the corner somewhere. just make sure youve back up your phone on icloud before you go to the shop, because it takes longer if you aint done it before, we had to wait in the shop for over half hour it to back up.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^Have a friend at work that has that floating menu, I assumed it was JB

Is it in warranty?

If not then I very much doubt they'd just replace the phone for free. Won't cost you much at Apple to fix even if they charge you though.

LY 182
Of its in warranty just book an appt. at your local apple store and when you go they will press the button see it doesent work and give you a new one! No questions asked, that was my experience anyway,

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I just mean when I'm using the phone and then I decide I want to put it into standby and pop the phone in my pocket, so I press the top button down once. But it sometimes doesn't work until you really press it in, enough that it builds up rage and you feel like pressing the button so hard your finger hurts.

Probably just me. I have anger issues. But yeah, I bought it new from Apple online on release date, so I'm not sure about warranty etc. May give them a ring. Closest Apple store is at Newcastle though. Pfft.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Book an appointment and they'll replace it, however they might say its a £216 fee now it's out of warranty. They don't have to replace it FOC.

Last edited:
  A4 Avant
My fiancee took her iphone 5 in over the weekend with the same issue and even though the screen was smashed they changed it for her. (Was in warranty)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
They'll replace it 100%, Neil.

I went in with mine because the brightness was playing silly tits - don't even think the guy looked at it - just appeared with a new one. Minted.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers Dan. Much appreciated.

Book an appointment and they'll replace it, however they might say its a £216 fee now it's out of warranty. They don't have to replace it FOC.

I'll ring them in advance to discuss this. Travelling all that way to then be greeted by that would tip me over the edge.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Enter your serial number from the phone in there and see if it's still covered under warranty.

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active

Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: October 7, 2013

All good then. So what's crack now? I just go on the Apple website and book an appointment with a nearby store? The nearby store being 100 miles away.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That's good news. You got it on release day though?

Book an appointment and just turn up. No other choice.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'll lose all my App data won't I? Like Candy Crush progress and all that shazzing?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
WILL YOU SORT YOUR TWITTER OUT!!

Oh what seems to be the problem, PAL? As I don't use it, I can't really prevent it from being hacked and send you bizarre links to Russian p**n sites and the like. But I'll do my best to rectify the situation. Maybe soon. x

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Full back up before hand. They won't do it, they'll give you a 5 like its brand new to restore at home.

AK

M240i
Oh what seems to be the problem, PAL? As I don't use it, I can't really prevent it from being hacked and send you bizarre links to Russian p**n sites and the like. But I'll do my best to rectify the situation. Maybe soon. x

No p**n, you just seem keen to help me out with some extra income.

ve2y6a4u.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Repairs and Service Coverage: Active

Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: October 7, 2013

All good then. So what's crack now? I just go on the Apple website and book an appointment with a nearby store? The nearby store being 100 miles away.

Yes book an appointment and then make the 100 mile trip. Mention that when you're there and try and blag some iTunes vouchers for 'the inconvenience of having to make a 200 mile round trip'.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yes book an appointment and then make the 100 mile trip. Mention that when you're there and try and blag some iTunes vouchers for 'the inconvenience of having to make a 200 mile round trip'.

Good plan mate. Thanks :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
AK, sorted Twitter now hopefully. I've changed my password. Check you out with 4G.

Balling c*nt.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That's good news. You got it on release day though?

Book an appointment and just turn up. No other choice.

Well, I ordered it for release day, IIRC, but Apple decided to deliver it a few weeks later. Good news, all things considered.