ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5 Wifi issue

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an issue where my iPhone wont context to wifi anywhere. I've tried the following steps:

wifi on / off
airplane mode on/ off
press and hold home button and lock button for ten seconds
wiped all data and reset the phone.

Still the issue hasn't been resolved, are there any other ideas before I go to the Genius Bar? Also if I do go, what is likely to happen there?

FF Clio 182
I've got an issue where my iPhone wont context to wifi anywhere. I've tried the following steps:

wifi on / off
airplane mode on/ off
press and hold home button and lock button for ten seconds
wiped all data and reset the phone.

Still the issue hasn't been resolved, are there any other ideas before I go to the Genius Bar? Also if I do go, what is likely to happen there?

The fact that you say it is not just only on a single network it's over multiple makes me think the iPhone is at fault. Take it to the Genius Bar and see what they say, being that it is free you have nothing to lose by doing so. Did it use to work then suddenly stopped? Or has it never worked since owning the device?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Suddenly stopped In the last week or so. I only noticed it when O2 went down Thursday night and I couldn't do anything on my phone as there was no ability to connect to wifi. I've since tested at work, at the gf's house, my house, friends houses etc no hope at all!

FF Clio 182
Suddenly stopped In the last week or so. I only noticed it when O2 went down Thursday night and I couldn't do anything on my phone as there was no ability to connect to wifi. I've since tested at work, at the gf's house, my house, friends houses etc no hope at all!

How good are your IT skills? Have you tried connecting but making your phone have a static IP? Does the phone connect but just get no Internet or does it not even connect?

Happened to one of the work phones. I have up after half an hour as it came out the phone was dropped in water...

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
How good are your IT skills? Have you tried connecting but making your phone have a static IP? Does the phone connect but just get no Internet or does it not even connect?

I could probably do that, however it won't connect to any network as in it says "unable to connect" straight after putting the passwords in.

FF Clio 182
I could probably do that, however it won't connect to any network as in it says "unable to connect" straight after putting the passwords in.

Oh so it's more of a phone issue than a network one. Common issue is it connects but no Internet. To save stabbing in the dark just go to the Genius Bar and they will sort you out. Try connecting to the in store wifi, if that doesn't work then you know it is the phone :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Just been to apple, surprise surprise it connected to their wifi however the genius offered to swap it.

Just got home and it now connects to my wifi, very strange not sure what was up with it!

FF Clio 182
Just been to apple, surprise surprise it connected to their wifi however the genius offered to swap it.

Just got home and it now connects to my wifi, very strange not sure what was up with it!

See got a new iPhone out of it. This is what is good about apple, save messing around figuring out what is wrong take it to them and they sort you out :)