ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone at last....

Apple TV too.. with the Apple Airport Extreme which is now 802.11n (draft) and can also act as a print server (as before) but also a NAS (Can connect USB hard drives to it!)

Pure.
Quality.

And cus' it's Mac, it just all works.. open iTunes on Mac, and it just detects the TV! :p

Apple > *

Last edited:
So do I.. and that's the idea I've had forever (I've never wanted an all in one device like this)

But, now Apple have done it, it'll actually be useful and work.. :)

106 GTi
So do I.. and that's the idea I've had forever (I've never wanted an all in one device like this)

But, now Apple have done it, it'll actually be useful and work.. :)

Great news for us Apple fans, something else for the haters to moan at.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am a apple lover too, but this new phone doesn't interest me one bit, i think i'll stick with my Nokia 8800 to make phone calls, and use one of my ipods to listen to music on the go.

My first purchases will be the Apple TV and new Airport Extreme.. then I'll look at the phone when it's in the UK at the end of the year!

Main use will be to have music through my TV in the lounge.. as my MBP speakers are SHOCKING :)

182 Trophy
I can't really see the point in apple tv, why not just plug your Macbook into the Lcd or buy a mini mac and sync it with your main mac as it would'nt cost much more than the tv box.

if you could record tv onto it I could see the point.

Revels Mum & Sister
I am a apple lover too, but this new phone doesn't interest me one bit, i think i'll stick with my Nokia 8800 to make phone calls, and use one of my ipods to listen to music on the go.

Same here. I love the Apple and gadgets BUT....... EVERY phone with lots of features I never use. Hence I also have a 8800 and my ipod.

Also like to keep the phone seperate to the music some people cant interupt me

I am interested in the TV box. What formats of video does itunes support

I can't really see the point in apple tv, why not just plug your Macbook into the Lcd or buy a mini mac and sync it with your main mac as it would'nt cost much more than the tv box.

if you could record tv onto it I could see the point.

Because that would involve me having my macbook near the TV - what if I want to watch TV and use my Mac? :p

Mac Mini is minimum £400, and it's not got HDMI, Component, Inbuilt power, customised front row for streaming, syncing from iTunes etc... Apple TV is £199 all in, done. Plug in and go..

Mac mini or using a Mac isn't an alternative for Apple TV - it's different.

182 Trophy
Fair point. I have just broughta macbook and still struggling to use it at the moment. Am I right in thinking you can plug a macbook into your LCD and via HDMI.

Macbook hasn't got HDMI. Only has DVI (Well, Macbook has Mini-DVI, Macbook Pro has DVI)

You need an adapter if you have a VGA input on TV.

182 Trophy
Yep I know i need a mini-dvi lead but can't you plug it into the LCD hdmi slot instead of the VGA input to get HD.

Sorry if it sounds a bit stupid but I have ordered an LCD and that is what I am planning on doing.

Seems a bit of an odd way to do it?
You bought an LCD TV?

If you bought an LCD monitor, it'll have DVI anyway?

Right, not sure what input's it has.. You'll have to see.
Obviously DVI or VGA is the normal way of achieving this.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at tr1pp1n trying tp be clever and looking like a tit in the process.

Hardly. He's got a very good point.

The more complex phones have got the more friggin infuriating they've become. What's happened to the 'ring-ring' "Hello?" mentality? If you haven't got 32-bit hi-res 3D videos on your phone and a 96-piece orchestra playing some sh1t tune in the background, then apparently, you haven't got the right phone? :S

I'm not knocking the i-Phone - it will probably be a great device. All I'm saying is that there's still plenty of people out there that want their phone to be a phone. Nothing else.

D.

I'm an apple fan. and was really waiting to be knocked off my feet... but alas i am dissapointed. I've got an 8800 knocking around somewhere, a blackberry pearl and a 30gb ipod that i can put all the music i need on. The apple tv is pants. very dissappointing.

As for the phone, the technology is awesome, and i love that part. However, as good as it looks, it looks more like a samsung than an apple product. and its Loooooge.
Same width as an ipod, slightly thicker, and taller. god i just held my ipod up to my ear and imagined what it'd be like as a phone and needless to say, i wouldnt be happy walking down street using it.

RS Megane DCi 175
As impressive as the technology used in AppleTV is, I can't see the point until iTunes UK starts selling video worth watching - like films etc. I can watch music videos all day on MTV etc and trailers/podcasts don't interest me either tbh.
Once full length films are available on iTunes UK then I can see the appeal of AppleTV.

As impressive as the technology used in AppleTV is, I can't see the point until iTunes UK starts selling video worth watching - like films etc. I can watch music videos all day on MTV etc and trailers/podcasts don't interest me either tbh.
Once full length films are available on iTunes UK then I can see the appeal of AppleTV.

Streaming from my Mac to the TV is the reason I'm looking at it.
I can stream my music to it from my MBP, sat on sofa.. :D

Streaming from my Mac to the TV is the reason I'm looking at it.
I can stream my music to it from my MBP, sat on sofa.. :D
yeah but i do that too through my airport express to my strereo. its nothing new or special.