ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod USB and 182 sport

Ok newbie here be nice!

so I just got myself a 55 182 sport. I'm dropping down a bit in car spec to this so I'm looking to upgrade a few bits.

my first point is I want to use iPod or more preferably USB.. I have searched and read a few threads but can't really get a decent answer on what is the best way to do this.

I either get a cheap solution, or go the whole hog and do head/amp speakers...

While I'm at it I may look at a parrot type thing as well.

Any advice much appreciated.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I had the Connects2 kit on my standard stereo in the 182 and it works brilliant but it is quite restrictive if you want to do anything other then plug it in to your iPod/iPhone. I've switched to a bluetooth/USB headunit and its so much better, and it even lets me take phone calls on the go through the stereo - it sounds like this might be a better option for what you need.

LY FF182
I've done as danward above. Got one that looks very oe with changeable display colour so didn't look out of place. Looks and works great!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Kenwood KDC-BT42 for me - got it for £50.00 second hand off a fairly local guy on eBay!

IMG_1018_zps46ab335a.jpg

Ok so I bought a sony jobbie from halfords 1/2 price at £99 and it does everything!! Almost too much, weird how of you add how much I paid on my last car for options to get hands free/USB/iPod/bt audio... I bet it was almost £1500 in options all for a £99.

the only thing that doesn't work is the screen and stalk , but I understand I can get a lead to make the stalk work. MT audio?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Glad to hear we helped when you were making your decision. :)

You can get leads to make most headunits work with the stalk but not all - but MT Audio will be able to help with that as you say. The screen is not so easy and you will probably never use it for anything other than time/temp again.

LY FF182
As said I don't think you can get the centre screen to work with any aftermarket head unit, but the new HU will have its own display. Stalk controls, £25 lead and it will work . Well it was £25 for my head unit. Haven't bought it though as I'm tight