ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is 82K on a 54 182 "too much"

RB 182 FF
hi guys, just a general Q really, off to view a 182 today, 54 reg, service history and recent service, 12 MOT belts done etc. looks in good nic too.

now is 82 K too high, its prob average nowadays for year really, and i was just wondering what the renault engines are like, i had a 95M clio before and i tipped that at 100K and it still drove perfect as the day i got it on 60K so im probably worrying about nothing really,

so, how good are the engines in these puppies? and as long as its been well maintained and serviced, am i being a tit?

cheers

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It'll be fine if maintained and serviced correctly.

A few on here on 100k+ miles going strong. Seem to get better as they do more mile.

RB 182 FF
phew, i had hoped and tbh thought that, but i just wanted people with exp with the cars to say so :)

cheers guys

Black Clio GT
84k is fine if its been maintained correctly.....

only about 15k a year so not massive amount of use tbh....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Typical English Fool said:
All cars die at 90K, dont buy it.

You'd be much better off paying an extra £2K for one with only 20K on thats only been serviced twice in 6 years and never been ran for more than 5 miles at a time.

Because you even asked this question, as above.

BG182®
87,000 miles on my clock and the 182 feels better then ever.

Long as it's got a full history and well looked after, I wouldnt be put of by the milage.

www.renparts.co.uk
Mine has done 112k and I'm the 2nd owner, had it about 2months and all those miles has loosen it up nicely, nice and lively! Even with those miles it was a real bargin as well :)

Iceberg 172
80k on my clock and it seems to rev a lot quicker and more freely than when I got it.

Good servicing and a blast every now and again does the RS's good in my limited experience of them.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Blast every now again? lol mine gets hooned everytime i drive it! 82k on the engine wouldn't worry me, just the rest of the car.

Iceberg 172
Blast every now again? lol mine gets hooned everytime i drive it! 82k on the engine wouldn't worry me, just the rest of the car.

Ok, everytime I drive it! But tbh, I'm getting older (22) and I'm starting to drive like a 40 year old!!!!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Mines on 97K and is still not 5 years old yet (ok only by a week) but still going on original clutch :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
If its got the history to back the mileage then it should be fine. My old 182 had 85k on the clock when i sold it and it was probably the most reliable car i owned

Stagecoach Ticket
iam on 80k and it runs fine just need to matain it properly and keep an eye on it and it be fine mate

Never above 25mpg
Just over 81.000 miles on my 53 plate 172 and it's a lovely soundtrack now I've stuck the air filter on it! Pulls awesomely well. Specially after driving the BMW for 3 months!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Milage doesn't bother me.

Bought mine on 48k and its now on 70k near enough. It's just got faster and faster with age. I love it :approve: Engine still feels spot on too!