ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is a v6 airbox worth the money?

Now stripped 172 cup
im thinking on getting a v6 airbox as mine is still standard but not sure if its worth the cash? i no you dont get any decent gains as in power but what about the sound? is it much better than the standard one? or is there any that sound better than the v6?

cheers

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's not worth the money TBH unless you can get a second hand one from the for sale section.
Standard airbox with piper x filter, CAF and acoustic valve removed is the best setup, imo.
Although some say totally standard is best, most just stick in a good panel filter.

If you just want noise then the V6 box does sound good, if you do get one, get a JMS filter for it.

Last edited:
ive just ordered a v6 air box plus strap for mine.after the 225 i need a little noise.hopefully(after i said i was keeping it totally standard!!)a yozza is next on the list just awaiting the nod from fred

Clio172-Nova Gsi
u did good mate.....Clio manufactures made a fine work on the standard airbox system so YES(i say) best option is the V6 airbox...i fitted a Ktec element in it...and im pleased..:) as for the noise..when it reaches 2300rpm's i conferm why i did this:).....(noise always depence from the element and the exhaust system u want to fit)
Thanks to KTec element and KTR ressesed exhaust system makes clio acting close to perfect at induction times & and a noise that i dont wakeup neibs to put a curse on me..!!

"sorry for my bad & uncorrect writing" ill keep trying tho"

Now stripped 172 cup
where did you buy the k&n gear from mate? any isea on pruce etc?
sorry for all the questions lol:boring:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Induction noise is sooooo much better than exhaust noise imo.

Now stripped 172 cup
good god i cant get enough of the sound!!
never in a milion years thought it would be so good for a £60 mod :eek:

172/1.2/E30
you get the best noise from a v6-airbox if you mount it cup-racer-style straight off the throttlebody imo

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Not sure if im the only one thats done this. but here goes

I got hold of another standard Ph2 1*2 airbox bottom half and a new pipercross panel filter. I cut the bottom half of the airbox to bits leaving only the two mounting points to the car, all the screw holes for the top half and enough space to join a piece i made up with fibre glass.

Used the excess i cut from the bottom half as a template and made up a fibreglass piece that fits straight onto the bottom of the airbox. cut a hole in the bottom. bigger than standard, and then mounted a caf pipe into the hole.

The results were brilliant. and it looks standard when you lift the bonnet :) il need to take pics to show you guys

C63 PPP Estate
Not sure if im the only one thats done this. but here goes

I got hold of another standard Ph2 1*2 airbox bottom half and a new pipercross panel filter. I cut the bottom half of the airbox to bits leaving only the two mounting points to the car, all the screw holes for the top half and enough space to join a piece i made up with fibre glass.

Used the excess i cut from the bottom half as a template and made up a fibreglass piece that fits straight onto the bottom of the airbox. cut a hole in the bottom. bigger than standard, and then mounted a caf pipe into the hole.

The results were brilliant. and it looks standard when you lift the bonnet :) il need to take pics to show you guys
Thread revival!!!!!! Did you get any pics?