ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is anyone running PS4s who have run Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
New tyre time for the Volvo. Didn't take long, lol.

Have AD08Rs on the front at the mo, and whilst they are grippy as fook they're not a great all round tyre. I'd like to go back to a road tyre for better wet performance, and for less noise.

My question is what is the comparison like between the PS4 and AS3 in terms of ultimate dry grip and road noise? If the PS4 has a lot more grip but only slightly more noise then I'll probably go for that, otherwise if the grip's not much different I'll go for the AS3 for (hopefully) less noise.

Who's run both?

Suzuki Jimny
I've had both, the goodyear is a mid range and the michelin is a premium tyre. Won't be moving from the PS4's anytime soon!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The F1 midrange? Behave. They're both very good, the ps4 is a bit grippier (the difference is small, and at road speeds inconsequential), but a tiny bit louder, more responsive (seems to have a stiffer sidewall).
F1 is quieter and better when the roads are damp.
Don't you autocross? Would the pilot super sport be better?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The F1 midrange? Behave. They're both very good, the ps4 is a bit grippier (the difference is small, and at road speeds inconsequential), but a tiny bit louder, more responsive (seems to have a stiffer sidewall).
F1 is quieter and better when the roads are damp.
Don't you autocross? Would the pilot super sport be better?

I still have PSS on the rear, but they're now an extra £20 a tyre and not that much better then the PS4 AFAIK, except slightly better dry grip.

I have autosolo'ed the Volvo a few times but now I've got the MX5 for that so the Volvo can fall back to road-based wafting duties. It was on PSS all round in my avatard.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've got the F1s on our Mini. I've always been a Michelin man (lol) but remembered reading that F1s are meant to be quieter so opted for them since it's for the GF and she drives at 3/10ths at the very most so sacrificing a bit of outright grip for comfort seemed to make sense at the time.

I've not tried Pilot sports on the Mini (yet) so it's not exactly a fair test, but they don't make it quiet and the car spins the wheels in 1st and 2nd in the wet. I'd go as far as to say the Pilot sports should be better by a good margin in all categories.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The F1 are a good deal quieter on the octavia. You have to remember that tyres don't work the same on all cars. Reading tyre reviews, they score consistently well.

I'd trust an objective, experienced reviewer comparing like for like in a controlled environment more than the Internet, where people consistently compare old vs new on cars with tired dampers/bushes etc etc.

Tyres design seems to advance with car tech, so modern, newer designs should work better. But then they're designed around modern suspension etc, do they work as well on an older car?

Screw it. I'm going to fit some ling longs and spend the saved money on a mcdonalds /cocain/hookers binge.