ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it a good un? (Non Sport Content)

Clio 1.2 16v
Right then...

Busy on here trying to find a decent PH1 Si, and I found one which looks promising...

37,500 Miles

Years Mot + Tax

Seems in pretty mint condition, but the only problem is theres no history of the timing belt being changed according to the seller.

Is it safe to drive 390 miles in it before changing the belt, as that's how far it is from my house.

Pics:

media?id=1585526975.gif

media?id=1585526986.gif

media?id=1585526996.gif

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Surely you could get something a lot younger for that price. Fair enough it's very low mileage for it's age but how well has it been maintained...

I'm guessing £200 or £300 for a cambelt change so £2500 would put you in a decent Clio Dynamique.

Clio 1.2 16v
Thats what I thought, I found a decent Dynamique with 60 odd thousand miles for 1800. I do prefer the PH1's but I guess it's just not meant to be.

The search continues...

Clio 1.2 16v
Might just look for any 1.4, 3 door PH1, or even 1.2, long as its a 16v so I don't get shafted from neds in Corsa's.

Clio 1.2 16v
Thats the only thing I dont like about PH1's. Was going to suggest dash conversion, but for the monies it would cost, probably not worth doing.

I'll just put the car on a diet! :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ph1 ftw if its a 172, not one of they things!! get urself a 1.2 16v or dci65 dynamique for under 2k!

ph2 1.6 16vs go cheap and are resonable to insure

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
That's well over priced imo, my mate got a 1999 ph1 with 30k on the clock for £999 immaculate condition too. Small seller in Sunderland, same place i got my 1.2 aswell for 1200 :p

Evo 8 MR
My 1.4 16v is currently averaging 47mpg around town, so don't be concerned about the fuel consumption.

lmfao, yeah my 172 cup gets 65mpg around town aswell, awesome aint it!

It then drops like a stone to 30mpg after I've done another mile of driving...

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
100% fiction.

Buy a PH2 1.2 16v or a DCI like Martin said, racing neds in Corsas is gay anyway.

I'm only driving between my house and the gym, about 25 miles round trip no motorways/no dual carriageways.

Done 420 miles on the trip computer, filled up with petrol 39 litres to full, leaving 11 litres in the tank. Work it out for yourself.

What benefit have I got to gain by making it up?, decent mpg can be had if driven properly.