ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it ok to drive on fubered wheel bearings?

Clio 182
Hey all,

As the title says really...?

Only picked the humming/droning noise up yesterday around town. Then driving to and from work today, it deffo sounds like wheel bearings and sounds as if it's the rears that are fubered.

Looking to get them done next Wednesday, I've read stories of hubs collapsing, will it be ok to drive until then or is it not worth the risk :S

Fix one problem, another crops up! I love French cars :D

Cheers!

The bearing could collapse totally and leave you stranded with a very wobbly wheel, in the worst case it could send you off the road into oncoming traffic.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
surely the wheel wont come off?!
the bolt on the axle will stop it coming off.

they will last for ages after they start going,

but its best to get it changed

Astra SRI/ Hornet
trust me the wheel will come off, lol i have same problem, just got the discs today ready for the weekend.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Due to a lack of a job mine were left groaning for over 2months on my old car. When i changed them they looked fine just leaking a little grease lol

Clio 182
LOL at the worst case scenario "Is that my alloy wheel...?"

I've managed to blag lifts in to work from mummy :D, so car will be parked and sat on the drive until next Weds!! And will only be used if needed!

Ordering the parts tomorrow, as I need new pads anyways, so may aswell just do the whole lot in one caboosh. Just annoying as this and the new exhuast has drained me account, no can go to the RSUK meet now :(