ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is someone trying to rip me off with fitting my sound system?

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
Midlands, got a couple of other quotes in the 100-150 range which I will be taking. Im looking for fitting adaptors at the minute but cant seem to find any - does it mean the clio doesnt need any?

Thanks

Skoda Fabia vRS
to the best of my knowledge no Clio has multiplex wiring, in fact at a guess id say no Renault does

Skoda Fabia vRS
of course really it depends what headunit it is, how much of that cost is for the headunit ?.......

well if you're anywhere near corby northants, i can fit it for a total of a lfc zinger tower meal & large popcorn chicken

if not, pay that and look like a mug ;)

way too much, should be no less than 2 hours labout @ £35 per hour

Oyster Card
He's tryin to rip you off mate, I'd only want a zinger tower meal
lol j/k

Serously whoever quoted you £500 is a mug, I fitted my JBL package and JVC head myself just simple Unskilled Darren, in 1hr and 20mins precise and I could have done it quicker if I wanted but as I used top quality wires they're a b**ch to feed through.

Polo + Micra
i'd do it for half a curly wirly and a packet of love hearts

no i'd say pay a absolute max of a £100

Oyster Card
I'd hardly call the monkeys down at Halfords or whever Pro's.
And if anyone fcuks up installing a headunit they shouldn't be let loose near an ICE system to start with.

clio 182 black /gold
That is way too much head units are real easy to fit and the others require a little time.

Skoda Fabia vRS
lil_blueclio said:
if ita a new headunit u need a proffesional to install it other wise u wont get a warranty

says who ?

i work for Motor World and we dont specify that a pro has to install it

the warranty form we send back with faulty units does ask who fitted it, but ive yet to have a unit come back saying bad fitting was the cause of any fault

172 cup TT
5-bloody what!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone.... dont you dare pay that!!!! i'll do it for a pack of those transformer crisps you used to get at school

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
mate halfords do fitting for 30-40 quid, and its done by a pro so warranty is ok, i work there, its easy as in a clio, plug and play, :)

Monaro VXR
Pretty sure its mainly pug and citroen that have the multiplex wiring so thats just crap.

I know it costs me a damn fortune to get just a steering wheel adaptor for my C4 though because of the multiplex wiring. and theres only 1 place that makes them so they can charge the £80 just for the adaptor.

But ice installs are usually expensive. But for a budget system it shouldnt cost you anyomre than £100 really. ALthough they do get paid quite a bit around £35 an hour the guy in my local ice shop said he was on cause i was asking about jobs.

Skoda Fabia vRS
multiplex wiring is still quite rare, id say its gonna be another 5 years before it becomes anywhere near being the norm for new cars

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
BRUN said:
says who ?

i work for Motor World and we dont specify that a pro has to install it

the warranty form we send back with faulty units does ask who fitted it, but ive yet to have a unit come back saying bad fitting was the cause of any fault

BRUN which motor world do you work at pm me please its just a few of my m8s wrk there

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
dan.taylor.1 said:
mate halfords do fitting for 30-40 quid, and its done by a pro so warranty is ok, i work there, its easy as in a clio, plug and play, :)
he works at halfords and he says it is dead simple so why dont you do it you self i did my bros clio last weekend it is a piece of piss and i did it with a standard head uni so there were no rcas o i had to use a modulator. sure ly one of your m8s knowshow to do it?