ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the Clio 200 Cup spoiler functional?

Clio 200 Cup
Does anybody know whether or not the Cup spoiler you can get on a Clio 200 as an option is functional? Does it do anything or is it just for looks?

Erwin

182 cup
If it doesnt function as a spoiler then it must produce alot of extra drag - so why do the cup racers use them?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Im not going to boldly say thy work.

But I think there must be some reason to cup racers having them as they use a different part, different angle, mountings and design. I canr see Renault designing an additional product and investing money there for nothing.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

But I think there must be some reason to cup racers having them as they use a different part, different angle, mountings and design. I canr see Renault designing an additional product and investing money there for nothing.

people still spec their cars with them. so they are making money out of them. thats why the invested their money in it :)

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
You cant spec your car with a cup racer spoiler.

You can spec with a cup spoiler. Not a CUP RACER SPOILER. I tried.

As per my post you quoted. They'r different parts.

The same reasons you get diffusers on a ZS etc. If it goes on an interesting/cool/winning racing car then you're likely to see it in some form on a road car.

Take the NGTC cars for example, a very open aim was for them to be styled to look more interesting.

Also, everyone knows the faster you go, the more downforce a wing produces. Cup racers go faster than you do on your way, well anywhere. However given the one make nature it wouldn't make a difference if they were removed as it'd only affect high speed stability and more to the point everyone would loose out equally... And so I return to the suggestion of it looking good and selling cars.

Why do cup racers bother with a different spoiler then? Dunno. Another tool to adjust balance for the sake of car setup?

Unless they designed the part for the race car first, the bolts are on the outside so you could have off with it if you had the right allen key and so they might have had to redesign the road going part.

The speeds they go on the majority of tracks and the small surface area of the spoiler I can't see it doing much. That said they look better with and without.