ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is ther a trick (pollen filter)

Clio 182 arctic
got a pollen filter today from a motor factors, now when i changed the old one i just couldnt get the new 1 in without bending/twisting it.is there a certain way to do it, for the sake of a fiver i dont mind buying a new 1 if have to.
cheers fellas

Golf GT TDI
it should go in at a slight angle, i looks squashed but once in, mine just sprung into position

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i think you have to squeeze one of the ends and push it into the box. as jordan172 says it will just spring back into position.

Dodgy one
Do you have to whip the wiper arms off to change it? Cant say ive looked but its not been done in 50k lol

Clio sport 182
Do you have to whip the wiper arms off to change it? Cant say ive looked but its not been done in 50k lol

no you dont its located under the scuttle cover on the drivers side remove half of the scuttle then just infront of the heater motor you will see a long rectangle box with a 6mm screw in it undo that pull the old pollen filter out make note of the airflow arrow on top of the pollen filter it is a little fidlly to fit the new filter but simple pinch/squeeze it and slide in place it shud stand up with no creases in it :approve:

Golf GT TDI

not on a 182 mate open your bonnet and you will see the peice that comes off on the drivers side, only takes a min.

4 clips from memory

edit: exactly as mr bean described,

mine had a 2003 date on it when i changed it in 2008! and its got full dealer history, makes you wonder what you actually pay for at dealers

Dodgy one
Its probrably the reason i feel a bit ill when driving for a while TBH lol, Every other filter i do/ maintainence, Just thought cabin doesnt matter too much, bet its full of leaves and s**te :)

I'l have a looksie and get one in it on saturday then

Lots of Alfas
The ones from Renault the ends seem to bend and be flexable so when you bend it to get it in, once its in it goes back to its orginal shape.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Gonna pop down to eurocarparts and get one today (£6.40), I've been putting it off for years. I'm guessing mine will have a 2002 date on it when I remove it. Had FRSH till about 60k, so we'll see...

Clio 182 arctic
The ones from Renault the ends seem to bend and be flexable so when you bend it to get it in, once its in it goes back to its orginal shape.

Gonna pop down to eurocarparts and get one today (£6.40), I've been putting it off for years. I'm guessing mine will have a 2002 date on it when I remove it. Had FRSH till about 60k, so we'll see...
i got one from GT car parts place for just over £5, it bent like mad, the edges have ripped off and everything, atm, its in half, thats the only way i got it in :dapprove:

1998 BMW e46 323i
Took my old OEM filter out, from 2006, looked like it had been down t' pit! Squeezed my shiny new filter in, not the easiest job in he world, bit it goes in if you're patient.

Cost me over £7 with VAT, they saw me coming!

Skoda Fabia vRS
most dealers have the pollen filter as an optional item, and reduce the cost of the service to suit

its optional at our dealers and we charge less for a service than Liverpool, this is one reason why

personally i change my own every year

n/a
can anyone confirm which way the arrow on the filter points, say your standing right infront of the engine bay is it pointing right/left

This is gonna sound stupid but could someone take a pic of where it goes, when i open up the panel its just an empty space then the blower is nearly under the wipers :S i cant see where the filter goes, think mine has been removed