ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this engine mount genuine?.

Ask them?
I've had a few exhaust mounts from them (not clio) and they didn't come in a renault bag. It was a patten bag but the mounts themselves looked identical to the genuine ones they were replacing.
Saying that though I've had a top engine mount from GSF (I know that link isn't GSF) before and it snapped in a year.
Buy a ktec one tbh.

LY R26 #288
I asked and they say it's not genuine.

I'm tempted to buy ktec ones for durability but I don't really want any extra vibration through the car

I don't wanna buy genuine ones and have them go all saggy after 6 months either lol.

Can't win!

172 turbo 'cup'

I'm tempted to buy ktec ones for durability but I don't really want any extra vibration through the car

I don't wanna buy genuine ones and have them go all saggy after 6 months either lol.

Can't win!

The vibration's are'nt that bad after a while you don't notice it really.

Clio 197

Can't win!

i priced these up recently the OE ones are £80+ which is a tough call when you have a pattern part for £49

Clio 197
does yours actually need replacing?

I would go for the OE one i think - but i would be umming and ahhring like you too! (if that makes sense!)

LY R26 #288
Yeah they need replacing, exhaust is knocking and car just generally feels horrible when changing gears.

LY R26 #288
I'm going to have a good old look at the mounts tomorrow.

Something is definately slack.

With the hand brake on if I put it into 1st and lift the clutch to biting point I get the thud, if I do it again it won't do it. Then I put it in reverse and the same happens, it thuds the first time it bites then I can dip the clutch and do it again and it's fine.

Seems like something is slack and moving back and forth under stress.

172 cup
As said above,change the dogbone to a powerflex bush as it takes a lot of hammer and usually the first one to go.Made a world of difference on mine and stopped the exhaust knocking on the subframe.There is a tiny amount of extra vibration that some twist about,but I assume they are just being girls because its literally next to nothing.It a dead easy job,I think I took around a half hour or so and there is a guide on here as well.

Cheers Ross.

LY R26 #288
Thanks for the advice.

I removed the dog bone today, the rubbers look fine and arent perished. it looked nice and solid.

I then removed the upper gearbox mount to find that it also looked fine and was nice and solid.

So I'm all out of ideas.

I might replace the dog bone and upper gearbox mount as their cheap and easy to fit.

172 cup
Don't mean to bang on about it but I would definitely do the dogbone,when I took mine off there was no visible sign of wear in the oe bushes even though they were absolutely shot.

Cheers Ross.