ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Issue with safari and MBP running slowly

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping the various Mac gurus can help.

Issue 1 - Certain pages are not opening properly. For example my Tesco Credit Card account won't open once I've put in all the security information, it just displays a blah page, but as if it has loaded - Make sense?. Likewise maps on a few pages won't load. Just a blank space where the map should be.

Issue 2 - MBP running slowly, noticeably over the last few weeks for some reason. It's running OSX 10.9, so the latest, I believe?

I appreciate that is fairly vague, but any help / diagnostics would be appreciated.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I've been having similar problems mate every since I updated my MBA 2 weeks ago. Mainly my safari keeps crashing or pages as you say not loading correctly.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I presume you have tried the obvious and restarted the laptop properly and deleted the safari data, temp files and cookies etc?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Restated properly?

Cache has been cleared, temp files cleared, safari reset.

It's even more infuriating now the above has been done.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I never shut my mbp down, I just close the lid and hibernate it, then every 6 months or so I end up shutting it down and starting it up properly and it's always a little faster etc.

so just wondering if you've done this?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Alternatively, have you tried using chrome to see if you are seeing the same issues in a different browser?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I never shut my mbp down, I just close the lid and hibernate it, then every 6 months or so I end up shutting it down and starting it up properly and it's always a little faster etc.

so just wondering if you've done this?

Ah, yes.

I do the same, but I had restarted it a number of times.

I occasionally get problems with Safari loading webpages, but I usually just end up using Firefox briefly to complete whatever task it is I'm trying to do, rather than mess about clearing caches etc.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Tom recommended an app called Onyx for me and worked a treat.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tom recommended an app called Onyx for me and worked a treat.

this, plus repairing permissions from either the recovery partition or the OS install DVD should solve the problem. Or both.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all.

I'll check that app out. I'll leave repairing permissions for the time being, as I don't know what that means.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Cheers all.

I'll check that app out. I'll leave repairing permissions for the time being, as I don't know what that means.

Basically it's telling the OS to operate correctly.

There's two ways to do it and both are via disk utility, you can do it without using the recovery partition or OS disk. It's worth doing.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Basically it's telling the OS to operate correctly.

There's two ways to do it and both are via disk utility, you can do it without using the recovery partition or OS disk. It's worth doing.

Cheers Tom.

I'll look at trying the app, then going from there.