ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itg maxogen

182trophy & Williams
well there £380 odd of k-tec so i would say you've done alright there

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Re-map & de-cat would see you over double the BHP that thing would produce, & you would have change from £330 ;)

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
so are they not worth the money, everyone ive talked too and the threads ive read, everyone raves about them?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
They look ace & sound fairly nice but for around £350 for maybe 1-3bhp if your lucky... £50 for an ITG pannel filter with the acoustic valve removed will do the same job, bonnets shut 90% of the time any ways lol, de-cat - £70 = 8-10bhp.... re-map £140 - 5bhp...

So either 15bhp "rougly" for my method or 3bhp from an itg, no brainner for performance really lol

But if your purely for looks & you have £350 just begging to be spent on cosmetic partd then go for it, mmmmmm carbon fibre :eek:

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
They look ace & sound fairly nice but for around £350 for maybe 1-3bhp if your lucky... £50 for an ITG pannel filter with the acoustic valve removed will do the same job, bonnets shut 90% of the time any ways lol, de-cat - £70 = 8-10bhp.... re-map £140 - 5bhp...

So either 15bhp "rougly" for my method or 3bhp from an itg, no brainner for performance really lol

But if your purely for looks & you have £350 just begging to be spent on cosmetic partd then go for it, mmmmmm carbon fibre :eek:
some good points there, i was looking at a place in leeds called rs tuning and they claim there remap takes it from 182bhp too 195bhp but it does cost over £300

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
A proper remap on the dyno will pull more gains across the board compared to a reflash. Yes more expensive but better :cool:

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
Rs tunner for £150 FTW :cool: - http://www.fastchip.nl/component/pa...acturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/ , Up-load the 98-ron map for standard ish car or upload the Group N like myself if you have done a fair bit of work to the engine :cool:
car is completley standard at the moment because the car need some warrenty work done only new shocks, but ive been told if i start modding it the warrenty would be lost, ive seen a de-cat on here for £40 from someone called wyngo but i cant seem too get hold of him

Renaultsport 220T
Rs tunner for £150 FTW :cool: - http://www.fastchip.nl/component/pa...acturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/ , Up-load the 98-ron map for standard ish car or upload the Group N like myself if you have done a fair bit of work to the engine :cool:
car is completley standard at the moment because the car need some warrenty work done only new shocks, but ive been told if i start modding it the warrenty would be lost, ive seen a de-cat on here for £40 from someone called wyngo but i cant seem too get hold of him

If the car is completely standard, the first thing I would do, is sort out the brakes, decent set of pads and some braided lines, the the suspension, then do any engine mods. Maxogen is worth every penny, but the espace v6 airbox mod, is a cheaper way of doing it.

You won't lose warranty, unless the defect is directly caused by something you have modified.

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182

If the car is completely standard, the first thing I would do, is sort out the brakes, decent set of pads and some braided lines, the the suspension, then do any engine mods. Maxogen is worth every penny, but the espace v6 airbox mod, is a cheaper way of doing it.

You won't lose warranty, unless the defect is directly caused by something you have modified.
what sort of brakes should i get ive owned a few 172's and 182's but have never modded anything b4 but since coming on this website i want too give it a go

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
brembo max or hc's front discs and greenstuff pads are great for me (along with braided lines), alot of people recomend ferodo pads though but more expensive

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
brembo max or hc's front discs and greenstuff pads are great for me (along with braided lines), alot of people recomend ferodo pads though but more expensive
do i need new discs all round and new calipers or just the discs and pads, what sort of price are we talking and are they easy too fit?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
standard brakes are fine imo but if you want to upgrade just front discs and pads will be fine (but also depends if you want to be doing trackdays or not) braided lines are a good upgrade to. If your just starting things id be more tempted with the induction kit, remap and decat. Totally up to you though

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
standard brakes are fine imo but if you want to upgrade just front discs and pads will be fine (but also depends if you want to be doing trackdays or not) braided lines are a good upgrade to. If your just starting things id be more tempted with the induction kit, remap and decat. Totally up to you though
cheers mate what sort of price are these brakes? wont be doing track days im a bit too old for that now the mrs thinks im a big kid anyway,eve the baby would prefer his mams 1.2 rt:dapprove:

Renaultsport 220T
Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Brembo H/Carbon discs on the front. Leave the rears standard, unless completely worn. Braided lines for sure.

Pads are easy to change, there is a guide on here. Hoses are a little more complicated, as you'll need to bleed them after. Pads cost around £100, discs are about half that I think.

Your're never too old for track days!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
lol, best place for brembo max discs is ebay mate. About £90 delivered. Pads about £50 and same fro braided lines (also v.cheap off ebay -goodridge)

Last edited: