ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive Castrated My Clio

As my exhaust is "too loud" to pass the MOT, ive had to have a standard one fitted...

Before:
DSC00057.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

After:
DSC00243.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

What do you think? After the MOT shall I put my exhaust back on, or leave it as standard?

M

mini-valver

Without sounding a c**t here, who gives a f-ck if its a 1.2? Crack on, actually quite like it, maybe better cut into the bumper slightly but still. Even if it is a 1200, it'll still sound half decent with a system on it!

As said though, should have gone elsewhere. Major nut ache swapping exhausts for an MOT.

I do love the sound of it... But i quite like having a quiet ride again lol... :S

In the summer, Im hoping to upgrade to a 182 (or even a 200 if I save hard enough) so its a case of whether I want the noise for 6 months or a peaceful ride and sell on the Longlife exhaust!

I do love the sound of it... But i quite like having a quiet ride again lol... :S

In the summer, Im hoping to upgrade to a 182 (or even a 200 if I save hard enough) so its a case of whether I want the noise for 6 months or a peaceful ride and sell on the Longlife exhaust!

In that case I'd leave the standard one on personally.

Da

Less
I like it, and as the saying goes 'it's your car' and all that, BUT...if it was too loud to pass an MOT my feeling is that's it's too loud to look/sound sensible on a 1.2.

All IMO of course :)

1.4 phase 1
lol at its a only a 1.2, not everyone has a sport make do with what you got. i think it looked pretty smart but if it is silly loud then keep it off.

M2 Competition
Put the noisy one back on if you like it mate :)

Lol at the 'its only a 1.2' comments.

A 182 with a modified exhaust is only a Clio... some people have odd illusions of grandeur.

Range Rover sport
Repeat 100 times:

"It's only a 1.2"

+1

It is after all only ment to be a family car do you really want it to sound like a scooooby??

If you do choose to buy another exhaust for it buy something with a nice quiet sporty note :D

BG 182 FF
personally i fink it looks better with the standard on, however if you still want a 'louder' sound maybe you should buy a k-tec stealth exhuast.
But if you are thinking of getting a sport soon, I would sell your old exhuast and leave the standard one on and pocket the cash.

non sport
its only a 1.2?haha snobby!! its only half as expensive to run with petrol tax and insurance!!keep the 1.2 and be different!