ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've done it :D

ph2 172
Original idea was to buy my mam's clio 1.2 16v. However this VAT increase chucked that idea out the window. The plan B was to buy a 04 plate 1.4 16v i'd seen in a car park and the lad asked me if I wanted to buy it. He said the belts needed doing. However, he got them done and spent many hours cleaning the car.
After viewing the car the other day. I decided it was perfect, my dad agree'd, it just needed two new front tyres.
Been to the bank today to close one of my account and get the moneys transferred.
I'm so excited to finally be owning my own clio and its a 1.4 (which doesn't sound much to most of you but after driving a 1.2 16v for 14 month, it will make a nice change) :cool:

Going to pick her up wednesday, she'll be getting the cliosport sticker and cliosport tax holder that come with my membership straight away.

Cheers :cool:

Megane 225 F1
+1. I had to read 3 times before I gave up.

Glad to see that you have a bigger engine now though. 1.4s are very good engines. I had one and loved it.

ph2 172
vat increase means you dont buy your mums car? run that one by me again please. but good purchase.

If I buy her car, it means she needs her own car. But the VAT increase has put the cost of our living up so she cant afford to buy a new car and pay for other things.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How much do you honestly think this VAT increase has affected your cost of living?

Mental.

But still, glad you're happy with the purchase.

/Dailymailhater

Jap Box
What? VAT would have added around £100 ish onto a cars price, hardly breaks the bank :S

If I remember this correctly the best choice would have been the 1.2 as you knew the history of it all rather than the dodgy carpark dude.

Good to see you have it all sorted out now though anyway :) you sure the boy had the belts actually done and didnt get a knock up invoice from a local garage he knows? ;)

260% JCW
Original idea was to buy my mam's clio 1.2 16v. However this VAT increase chucked that idea out the window. The plan B was to buy a 04 plate 1.4 16v i'd seen in a car park and the lad asked me if I wanted to buy it. He said the belts needed doing. However, he got them done and spent many hours cleaning the car.
After viewing the car the other day. I decided it was perfect, my dad agree'd, it just needed two new front tyres.
Been to the bank today to close one of my account and get the moneys transferred.
I'm so excited to finally be owning my own clio and its a 1.4 (which doesn't sound much to most of you but after driving a 1.2 16v for 14 month, it will make a nice change) :cool:

Going to pick her up wednesday, she'll be getting the cliosport sticker and cliosport tax holder that come with my membership straight away.

Cheers :cool:

How does VAT effect you buying your mums car?

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'd be pissed off if my mum charged me vat on a car tbh....

But in all seriousness, as rob said, the vat increase makes FA difference to most people. If you spend £2000 on a car, it costs you an extra £50....

Mondeo TDCI 130
I am sure he says his mum can't afford a new car due to the cost of living / vat increase rise!?!?

I am lucky for it not to affect me really, but i know that aint the case for everyone, and fair play to not living beyond your means on a shitload of credit!!

Enjoy the new car, and drive carefully! :)

Clio 172 Replica Ph2

So despite starting a thread to ask what seemed like a pointless question you went against what every 1 said and bought a clio with an unknown history of a dodgey bloke in a car park,
How does the VAT increase effect a private sale anyway, im pretty sure that you dont pay VAT if its a cash in hand matter you donkey.
All i can say say is that if your happy to have the extra 23 horses under the bonnet (assuming its the 16v model) then on your head be it when it goes wrong, sorry bud but i recon you have made the wrong decision there.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The plan B was to buy a 04 plate 1.4 16v i'd seen in a car park and the lad asked me if I wanted to buy it. He said the belts needed doing. However, he got them done and spent many hours cleaning the car.

Oh my. He asked YOU if you wanted to buy it !?

Did you see proof of the belt change ? Like an actual receipt ?!

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
in that case apologies Kroozin, and sorry if i came across arsey, and TheEvilGiraffe makes a good point, did he TELL you he got it changed or is it proved?
I would have got a clio of a careful woman or an old biddy, build it up your self its so rewarding, i got mine standard and after quite abit of cash admittedly, i now love it :)

ph2 172
Heya people, don't think I explained the situ. very well. The vat increase put up the cost of living and we don't live on credit e.t.c.
About the belts (not) getting done. I trust him to get them done, he and his father are both well into their cars (restore classic mini's as a hobby). The clio has been well looked after as it has been his daily car to and from work/uni.
Yeh that original thread is pointless now cause situation has changed.

I'm happy cause finally after a long time searching for a car of my own, I found something clean in my price range. Can't wait to get out to clio meetings and various car shows.