ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ive got a dilema......

Clio sport 182
Ive got a 54 plate 182 FF. love the car, really clean example, full service history, well looked after by me, only 69k
the thing is, i got the car really damn cheap, i got it from the auction i work at as a supervisor i managed to wangle it for £1600!! When it had 64k.......

Like i say i love it and wash and polish it all the time, any ratlle of blow in the exhaust its straight on my ramp and sorted. (apart from the damn resistor pack)

But since i got it knowing i paid so little for it, the urge to sell it an possibly earn over a grand in profit is eating me!!!
And i dont know if i will regret it and dont know if i fully appreciate what the car is, its the nicest and fastest car ive owned and would probably end up buying another van!!!

Am i mad or would some body else be tempted to do the same??
:S
image8.jpg

image7.jpg

photo1.jpg

If everything is good about it, id keep it imo. You'll never get a 182 anywhere near that price, unless it's a total turd, so I say enjoy it and spend a bit of money (that you may have used for a normal 182) to have some fun with it.

I got my Sunflower pretty cheap and I wouldn't even consider selling it on for a profit.

Clio sport 182
Yeah i mean ive been 'selling' it for 5 month now lol, need to get it out of my head and start enjoying it, i also think that because i havent had the cambelt changed its playing on my mind alittle, it has a reciept in the book from arnold clark before i bought it saying a belt inspection had been done and all were ok but i dont fully trust it, even if it had a reciept saying whole lot had been done id want it doing...... And because of that inthink thats not helped me enjoy it as much

Renault Clio RS182
I see you're from Stanley mate :) small world! Keep it for a few months and see how you get along with it, then maybe think about swapping/selling it. You'll still make a profit even if you keep it a few years....on the other hand £1k will pay for a good holiday

Clio sport 182
Yeah just up the road from there :), where bouts in wakefield you from?
Wonder if ive seen ya about.
Yeah think its deffinetely worth hangin onto for a while...

Renault Clio RS182
yea defo, me and a few mates will be going to the yorkshire big breakfast meet in malton on sunday 14th of october. its a while off yet but you're welcome to join the convoy

clio sport 172
I thought exactly the same mate! My friend was going to trade his 172 in and they only would give him a grand so I said I would give him 950 and he said yeah, I thought I would just clean it up and sell it on......... Until I drove it and now only after 3 weeks I would not part with it!

Yeh I know exactly what you are thinking, I attend various Car Auctions at least 4 times a week and been keeping a keen eye on how much RS 172 and 182's do...

Saw an 05' 182 with 86k on the clock go for £1.6k, so you got an amazing deal.

Clio sport 182
Ah wow :) that has made me feel better lol..... I know i got it cheap but at the time was told it was the going rate ( surely they confused it with 172)

Ah i wouldnt sell it on here. :) people on here are clio through and through and id feel like it may get picked to bits on little things lol....
Shes clean but not perfect, would like to sell but i think id be dissapointed by peoples dislikes :( hehe

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've had my 172 for almost four years now and it's still a great car. I've no intention of selling it. It's reasonably cheap to run and the insurance is cheaper than my Astra 1.6 Club. I've put 40,000 miles on the car which takes it to 126,000 miles now and the car is still tidy and goes like stink.

Clio sport 182
Ahhhhh you guys haha glad i posted it now. There is little things that concearn me, like the link above.
But i love the way the car looks and drives, starting the love the torque steer, and got loads of ideas how to make it my own.
Just worried about the sheer frenchness i think....