ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ive had enough

my insurance runs out in august and ive decided its time to move on, s my valver will be going. i had the last straw with it the other day, went asomewhere to try and find out about gettign my alarm sorted out and the self adjusting mechanism on the clutch broke, nice gitta go getthe part and fiddle around with that tonight, plus im pretty sure my started moted as on is was out. cant handle all these little problems anymore so its time for a change. its been cool and love it to bits but i will end up killing the think if i keep it.

nev

Mr2 Roadster

Sad to hear that but unfortunatly reliability does suck where Renaults are concerned...

Abarth 500

I thought the final straw was getting beaten by a 1400 Polo!!

Sorry couldnt resist but totally understand your decision - my Cup decided to break again on the way back from Cheltenham last night :(

I hear youre progressing to a BMW - you pimp! :)

When are you next out in Cheltenham?

lol it was a nova even worse, and yeah that did wake me up, lol
yeah beemer it is, test drove one yesterday and am in love, im a pimp i admit it.
dunno about cheltenham, y u miss me lol, sure i will be there again soon, when i fix my car i will come along.
cheers for the comp simon.

anytime mate just stating the facts, and remember for all your BMW needs speak to the loony hell make sure you get a good price

Abarth 500

Was it georges Nova that beat you? He trounced a CRX (I think it was) 2.0 last night! That Nova is far too quick.

Im sure youll be up this way soon - you wont see Sammy otherwise... lol

lol :oops: busted

yeah it was georges, hes mad in it, god knows what he does.

cool u may live to regreat that simon, ha ha i will be on ur case now. u do prives on say w reg ones.

Willy2

Nev, if your gonna part ex it, make sure you findout how much your gonna get and then advertise it on the for sale forum so it can stay in the club, i must admit your valver is mint from the pics ive seen, its a shame you have had enough. But those BMs are sluggish your gonna hate not being able to toast peeps off the lights.:)

no way 2.5 it aint that much slower than the valver, well ok it will be slower cos i will have too many girls sittign in it, lol. na no part ex gonna get the cash then asell the car privatley will get nearer what its worth that way, i will make sure the new person is from on here or will join. cheers by the way.

Audi S3

Quote: Originally posted by cbscup on 02 June 2003

Was it georges Nova that beat you? He trounced a CRX (I think it was) 2.0 last night! That Nova is far too quick.
The Crx is a 1.6 and he only just beat it and the guys only just baught it so prob not used to it (dont suppose the van in the way helped) lol

all gets to us eventually

im sick of fixing/ running mine too now

just cant take now more of french reliability

nev you gonna do the whole m3 replica thing??

wongy

aaronc

damn right it is. even the easy jobs cost sh*t loads,

even the mintest of clio owners will tell you how it pisses them off.

only ones that dont moan are the ones that are used once a week or so

as a everyday car reliability is pretty sh*t

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Yeah its a bummer alright.

I have a 106 aswell now so dont use the valver that much because of this lol

my valver went through 2 alternators in the space of 18 months!

lol

is it a gti then???

u gonna be doing a craggy and caining everything on her lol

2 alternators now there something wrong there lol

wongy

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

nah just a boring 1.1i, gonna sell it soon to make way for a new car when i finish uni. its worth about 3k.

Still gonna keep the valver now and convert her to a track racing machine, as too much money has been spent on her to sell it for a silly price. stip out and roll cage and in view, then may change engine, wouldnt mind a 172 engine in there.

lol

u dont want a 172 engine in there,it wont be a valver then, ur giving in to new tech!!!1

what u after for a new car.

u still in uni. thought u finish by now

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Not sure what new car i want, might even go Jap as i think ive had my fair share of Renault reliability over the past 4 half years with the valver, and fancy a change, however a 2nd hand clio V6 may change my mind.

I finish uni xmas time 2003/2004, so will be looking to change then.

Went to Jap Village near me recently and some of the machines they have in their showroom are very impessive and the prices arent all that expensive either. They had a 800bhp rx-7 in there, had nos the works!

yeah i was looking at jap cars, well liek the newer shape rx-7s didnt realise they were the equivalent of a 1.3. na u can get some mint jap cars pretty cheap.

nev

has it got all the sports kit on it. if so then yeah very nice. some tail out/ drifting action too if you got the bottle,lol

16v matt

techinanlly yes a 172 engine will be a valver still but its not of the f7r/ f7p and has vvt and all that stuff. not convinced

arron

v6 is nice but cant help but to thinkits a bit of a possers car and not a real enthusiast car, but if ur into that then fine, i love the look the but on paper specs hints it should be a monster but real world its barely faster than a 172

i would love a rx7 those cars are seriously sey but the wankel engine will cost loads when it goes wrong plus i gotta get a almost brand spanking new car for my new private plate, gotta get 2000-w or newer so rules out loads of car but i would love a white evo 6 makinen if only id won the lotter on saturday lol

wongy

wongy
im prob gettign a w reg 323ci so kinda kitted up, drifting, humm yeah well why not may as well have some fun.

Toureg vW Transporte

i know a lot of people have problems, but apart from the usual services, i have not had a problem from mine, and i do 400 miles a week in it.. no problems yet lol

so the skoda fabia is a valver too then wikid. nev dont blame ya beemers are sweet riding on chromes of the 19 inch variety!!!

Quote: Originally posted by nev16v on 02 June 2003

yeah i was looking at jap cars, well liek the newer shape rx-7s didnt realise they were the equivalent of a 1.3. na u can get some mint jap cars pretty cheap.
The very last G3 series of the RX7 was a twin turbo, although im not sure i think it was a 2.5 litre engine, perhaps a twin rotar chamber 1.3 (hence 2.6) but its like every one has a different oppinion on this.

The New Mazda RX8 is a 4 seater 1.3 na car ;)

na the rx7s on twin rotary 656cc as far as im aware even though in adverts and that they say they are 2.6.

alright luke mate hows it going u wont let that valver thing go will ya, u no u will upset everyone again. and yeah get me some 19s be a proper little rude boy. see ya around mate.