ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive just had a though regarding Turbo's? hmm

I have myself a 1.2 Extreme 16v, then they later released the Turbo version featuring an extra 25bhp but still a 1.2, my thought was is it possible to get hold of a Turbo and fit it to my standard 1.2? Im stuck with the car at the moment so selling isnt an option but I do miss the power.

If its possible I would actually consider going down that route but what would be involved?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its going to be an expensive exercise mate. It's also going to compromise reliability.

Want a fast car > Buy a fast car.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I honestly have no idea mate, everyone wants to go faster. The easiest way like i say is to buy faster.

Theres no substitute for cubic capacity!

S4 Avant
3-4000 on converting it to a 1.2 turbo with maybe 100-120bhp?

Or sell 1.2 and spend 4500 on something not French and boosted.

S4 Avant
French car owning has been a misery! Although I would really like to get it out with the weather being so nice lately. The Clio that is...

​...and having said all that, the Audi is about to get expensive again, tracking down a cracked ABS ring today :/

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The 1.2tce isnt a bad car, but the turbo is there just to increase bhp as its low pressure. For the costs of doing one...it would be better (probably cheaper and quicker) to buy a mk3 1.2 tce and its done. But I doubt you will notice any major difference.

Missus had a mk2 1.2 and now has the mk3 1.2 tce dynamique S. It is a little better...but the difference is negligible.

work for BMW
The turbo version is the tce ? Its not even fast either it just has a little umph to help overtake