ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Bus w**ker
Yes you can, you use a tool depending on your PC (I'm guessing at Windows so Redsn0w) and try googling "How to jailbreak iPhone 4 4.3.3 Redsn0w".

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
There's plenty of guides on how to jailbreak on YouTube .....

Did mine last night verrrrry easy

Mk2 Golf GTI
Does anyone know of an app/tweak that allows you to have 8 icons/2 levels in the multitask bar?

I'd find this really useful as it essentially gives you a hidden 8 icon dock when used in conjunction with removebg and add the required apps to exceptions.

If not, does anyone know where to request tweaks?

Bus w**ker
f**k knows, but I do know that 04.10.01 on 4.3.2 can't be unlocked.

Try iClarified.com for more info...or google.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
whats the latest version of phone 4 that can be unlocked?
my sisters phone is 4.3.2 - modem fw 04.10.01
:)

thanks

ive got the same... still waiting for it to be able to be unlocked so have a iphone sat in my draw doin feck all not to bothered tbh but would be cool to be able to use it.

Mk2 Golf GTI
App police... lol

I'd find it hard to believe that people who whine about this stuff have never played a cracked game or downloaded an MP3 etc

Bus w**ker
I read that this morning and even i0nics (can't be arsed to go check how to spell his username tbh) has said that if implemented it wouldn't last long, DRM would just get cracked and then it's back to little tramps downloading 59p apps for free...

I was hoping that iOS5 would stop me having to Jailbreak my phone, but I'm not so sure any more. Will see when it goes gold.

Cupra
New jailbreak has been released for all iOS products on 4.3.3. It's a userland exploit, meaning you just have to browse to www.jailbreakme.com and follow the instructions. No DFU mode or installing apps on your PC.

There are a couple of reported bugs so far, so you might be best to wait for a couple of days before jumping on the bandwagon. Just don't upgrade to 4.3.4 when apple release it.

It's also worthwhile storing your SHSH by using tinyumbrella. That enables you to always restore to an earlier firmware (although it sounds like it wont be possible after iOS 5 either).

Cupra
I have just done my iPad2 (wifi) and it is working well. The only glitch is that the camera kit isn't working, but I am sure they'll fix it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
my phone crashed on me the other day which is a massive inconvenience as i need my phone all the time, i couldnt reboot it until i got home which ment i was without my phone for 3 hours. can you turn the phone on and off with out it being connected to a pc on the latest jailbreak??

Bus w**ker
Eh? Are you running a tethered jailbreak? :S If not then just hard reset it and boom.

Although 4.3.3 was a steaming pile of s**t for me, crashing in to safe mode and losing everything near enough daily. In the end I went to iOS5 and so far I'm not jailbroke as I can't be arsed on beta software (plus most of the reasons for me to jailbreak are covered by the OS).

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
yes its a tethered jailbreak, not really upto date im guessing??
i want to keep it jailbroken but so it can be turned on and off if need be, is this possible?

Bus w**ker
Which iOS version are you running? You can do an untethered jailbreak right up to 5.0b3 (redsn0w/PwnageTool or the simpler jailbreakme.com). Personally I'd never bother with tethered, too much hassle for little improvement and an untether will appear a few week later anyway.

Bus w**ker
4.2.1. is this old? lol

Yeah, very PMSL. Latest public version is 4.3.3 and that's been out since May IIRC. For me it was just a bug fest though, 4.3.2 was much more stable. 5.0b3 is pretty solid so far, had a few little glitches but nothing major to say it's not even the finished article.

*Edit - Just checked and 4.2.1 was released in November 2010 lol.

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
Read the guide in the first post of this thread ;).

But basically:
  • Backup through iTunes
  • Restore to latest iOS version through iTunes
  • Jailbreak using redsn0w/Pwnagetool or simply by visiting jailbreakme.com in Safari on your phone

*Edit
4.3.4 is out now iirc but only a tethered jb for it.
Is it? Not seen that. In that case wait a couple of weeks and watch this thread, someone will post when the untether is released.

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
Not any more, 4.3.3 won't be signed by Apple now so you'll need to either restore to 4.3.4 and run legit or go tethered until an untether is released, if it is...because from what I've just read the Dev Team doesn't seem to arsed about it seeing as 5.0 will probably go Gold shortly or possibly even 4.3.5 in the mean time.

As long as you back up you shouldn't lose your settings, you will however have to re-download all your JB apps; unless you have a backup/restore app (I can recommend PKGBackup. It's not cheap but it's an awesome bit of kit).

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
not signed by apple? so i cant update to 4.3.3 or 4.3.1 (i have this on my computer for some reason) and still JB it?

Kawasaki ER6N
I did mine yesterday just downloaded the file from the net and used the shift and restore to find it.

Bus w**ker
If you have the SHSH blobs (or if for some reason Apple are still signing 4.3.3 as they appear to be from Jason's post) you will be fine. But if not then you will have to wait.

I'd be very careful about downloading .ipsw files and restoring from them though.

Bus w**ker
It was but as eves said only up to and including iOS 4.3.3, Apple closed the PDF exploit with 4.3.4.

You can always use redsn0w (Windows) or PwnageTool (Mac) though, neither are difficult to use; literally just plug you phone in and restart it following the onscreen instructions. Full guide on first page or iClarified/RedmondPie

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
my blackberry is slowly dieing. can someone tell me if i can unlock my iphone to other networks its on 4.3.4 and firmware 04.10.01? cheers